Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I thought insurance was rising?

mine with Saga has just been offered at £288 for 12000 miles limit   ....ME11 postcode  .  seems to be going down but with the £350 excess they know i won't claim if it's dented even a little coz they will write it off !  and payout bugger all after the excess :wallbash:

Can we ever win with insurance ?

Malc

• Like 1

It really seems to depend on where you live.

I have moved since owning my IS, and during my time in London it was £700.  Since moving to Hampshire, exactly the same policy with the same insurance company is now costing me £350.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

It really seems to depend on where you live.

I have moved since owning my IS, and during my time in London it was £700.  Since moving to Hampshire, exactly the same policy with the same insurance company is now costing me £350.

i certainly agree about postcodes but mine has gone down a fair bit since last year but I haven't moved.  I also think Malc is right, they know I won't claim with such an old car, and they show its market value as £1,500 and they will happily write it off with a small scratch in the paint work. Still, if I don't have an accident I'm more than happy with the price this year.

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Mine went up £3.00 this year with Footman James to £154.00 with a 3000 mile limit and agreed value, even covers all my spare parts in the shed.

A very good deal you've got there.  Something that seems to help with my insurance is having my wife as a named driver, I'm told it lowers the premium, odd really as she would never drive such a big car!

£165 is very cheap - less than I pay on my classic car policy.  But I only went with them because Saga became too expensive.  I think you need to remember to ask for a new quote at each renewal - some insurers give lower prices to new customers than to existing ones.

30 minutes ago, Scribe said:

£165 is very cheap - less than I pay on my classic car policy.  But I only went with them because Saga became too expensive.  I think you need to remember to ask for a new quote at each renewal - some insurers give lower prices to new customers than to existing ones.

I've noticed how most of my "automatic" renewals can usually be found for less on a comparison site, but with the same company! On another note my AA renewal came a couple of weeks ago, when I told them I'm leaving they lowered it by £40.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links