Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all

I have recently swapped my 2002 IS200 for a 2007 IS250 and have got an annoying "buzzy rattle" which seems to be coming rom the central area of the dashboard. Anybody had any similar experiences with rattles etc?

I am a bit miffed about this as my IS250 was completely rattle/buzz free.

The biggest weakness of IS250s is the interior and there are quite a few threads here, on the US Club Lexus forum and on YouTube. I have a shocker of a rattle inside the dash which I can't find any threads on. My approach is to wait for the airbag recall (when the dash has to come off) and give Lexus the problem.

Shaun i have herd the door rattle can be stopped, by lubricating the door seal. Do not know the reason behind it, but i have had intermittent thud noise

from time to time. So have sprayed them with silicon spray and all seems fine. 

14 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Shaun i have herd the door rattle can be stopped, by lubricating the door seal. Do not know the reason behind it, but i have had intermittent thud noise

from time to time. So have spayed them with silicon spray and all seems fine. 

I have the same noise, and lubricating the door seal works wonders.  It needs to be done every 6 weeks or so to keep it from coming back, but it does at least prevent the doors from freezing shut when it gets icy.

19 hours ago, djkenn said:

The biggest weakness of IS250s is the interior

I cannot agree on this, brakes maybe... To say interiour is the biggest problems is not quite fair, you should try similar "entry level luxury" cars for some comparison e.g. MB C-class interior materials and build quality is just appalling - everything screeches and rattles. BMW 3 series, where I have no bad words about build quality materials are very hard and not pleasant to touch, by far THE WORST car I had was Passat CC... which is literally golf with inflated body (and I mean literally - it has all parts from golf, every switch and handle and seats from Sirocco ... the seats are rather nice) - sitting in Passat CC sound like siting in bucket filled with Lego - it would be easier to count parts which don't rattle then the ones which does. So in comparison with other similar cars Lexus IS interiour is the best in class, I would say in the level of it's own. People who don't know Lexus brand well often makes mistake comparing it with BMW 5-Series, because in terms materials and build quality IS is whole class above - and we are talking here about 10 years old car as well, so some rattles should be allowed.

As per issue OP is having it is most likely central speaker grill - it is well documented and quite easy to fix. Except of this interiour issue there is one more (in total 2 common issues) and that is crack from console, which is bad mounting point design and DIY fix (documented as well) - owners who were insistent had them fixed by Lexus while cars were under warranty.

• Like 1

I agree with linas i love my cabin. Not cluttered very nicely put together every thing still works, a few niggles i agree. Try german cars calipers first thing

i have replaced on last 2 Skodas. Rattles a plenty full wind noise around rear door quarter window. Saw toothing of tyres is well documented.

Talking of the CC biggest problem is exploding dual mass destroying the gearboxes. Mercedes build quality is hit and miss and Bmw are no better.

My next car will be another Lexus love mine.

• Like 1

Do you mean "dual mass flywheel" or "dual clutch". Dual clutch in DSG (which I was stupid enough to spec as option on mine) is indeed a problem with miles, lucky me I have disposed that car 12k miles from new and trying to forget the horror.