Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Oil

For those who does their own oil changes, what oil do you use on the ISF.

Been looking around at engine oils for my 60k mile service, Shell Helix Ultra seems very well priced.

Went on the shell website put my reg number in and they recommend the Helix Ultra Professional AG.

http://www.shell.co.uk/motorist/oils-lubricants/lubematch.html#iframe=L2diL2VuX0dCL2VxdWlwbWVudC9pc19mXzVfMF92OF8zMnZfdnZ0aV8ydXJfZ3NlX0VGdDhQZTlTTA==

Works out about £35 for 10 litres from euro carparts, not bad for a well branded oil, so what are peoples thought on this oil.

When I bought mine they gave a 1litre top up to put in the boot, not that it has ever needed a drop in 9k.

They used Castrol that's what was on the invoice for the service at the Lexus dealer then and when checking that's what had always been used.

So being a creature of consistency I'll stick with that, it's a theme with me Guinness- silver cars - Castrol 😝 

Joking aside its a good price but last service Lexus matched what I was going to provide, and it came to just over £40.00.

Big Rat

Yes I agree all main dealers can be expensive, I have over 2 years warranty left on mine so want to keep the history going with them, I'll look at it again in the future.

The fact remains you can negotiate with these people, I decided against a service pack as feel I can do better my last service car 38k so had the 40k service.

All in and it's a fairly comprehensive one came to with negotiation a little over £400.00 that was with the VAT.

I would not be prepared to pay  £300.00 for an oil change if that is what it is if for example the car was high mileage and out of warranty.

Big Rat

Yes I know I can't help it you know as I'm damaged when I was old enough to drink alcohol I was kidnapped by mates who tied me up blindfolded me and took me many miles to the huge building with wooden gates with piles of barrels outside with the word LAGER on it 😂😂😂😂

Ive never been the same since.

Big Rat

1 minute ago, Mark G said:

I tried that @Flytvr and it didn't bloody work.................and now it does, I am off to bed...............

Night night. Check that blue beauty is locked up nice and tight!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links