Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Handling

DaKa

I got a bit carried away with eBay buying the other day and now have a bunch of things to fit to my SC430. They weren't needed as car is fine for MOT, but I would like to think it will firm up the handling as new!

I just wondered if anyone had any 'watch out for' warnings before I start what looks like straight forward tasks to replace.

Front brake discs and pads

Upper control arms

Lower arm ball joints

Track rod ends

and fit a new Strut brace

Thanks

They are all just nuts and bolts jobs, as you are not touching the inner lower control arms to subframe ,as that's the only one with a camber adjustment .

The SC430 suspension has to be dismantle with a big hammer ! None of the ball joint splitters I have would touch the bottom ball joint , so undone the nut and  then persuaded it with a hammer to come off , not text book but a tried and tested method.

Spray all the bolts/nuts the day before with wd40 or  similar , brake caliper carrier bolts can be  stubborn ...go easy as if they snap they need to be drilled and re-tapped off the caliper.

Caliper sliders need to be given a clean and inspection ...kits can be purchased also on eBay 

other than that....enjoy yourself :wink3:

Noted and thanks for the suggestion to spray wd40 or releasing fluid.

I am a bit worried about forcing a few things and hope that one of my 2 styles of ball joint splitters will work! Just waiting for the weather to warm a bit.

My range of splitters are a fork type or fork and bolt to draw off, trouble with the fork type it damages the rubber boot and that's now an Mot failure ,although if replacing the item any damage it not an issue.

A fellow member on the Lexus-world.com  also had to take a hammer to the suspension it's just very robust but see how you get on :wink3:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links