Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After introducing myself a couple of weeks ago I've got round to taking some pictures. It's just a stock 430 so nothing we've not seen before, but I like to look at member's pics and I'm sure I'm not alone :smile:.

It's a 2005 with 83K on the clock. It's in really nice condition for its age. Almost looks like new from certain angles, and certainly handles and drives like one. Lexus knew how to make a solid long lasting luxury car. This is my third Lexus - follows a LS400 MKIV (sold a while ago) and a GS450h (which I still have but now fully under control of my other half).

Have a few things lined up to get it fully sorted. It is due the timing belt change, which I'll probably get done via local Lexus dealer (unless anyone can recommend a good indy in Merseyside/Lancashire area). Missing a door handle cover on driver side passenger door, which seems fairly common on these. Looking at installing a Vaistech to hook up some storage for my music collection. Am also still waiting for DVLA to return the V5C so I can register my private plate. Typical DVLA turnaround time on these...

Off to Scotland in it this weekend for a bit of a mini road trip and its first proper run. Boys looking forward to stretching out in the back and dad looking forward to stretching out in the front  :smile:.

lex4.jpeg

lex3.jpeg

lex2.jpeg

lex1.jpeg

• Like 5

Lovely looking car.  I was never sure about black leather with all that wood but it's really grown on me and it looks superb!

Yes I know what you mean about the black leather and wood, though I've found it's not as imposing or dark as I thought it would be. It actually feels quite classy and the tall windows and sunroof on these cars let in a lot of light.  My GS450h has beige leather which looks great - when clean! I was looking out for was a black bodied 430 originally, but this tempted me.

4 minutes ago, ScousePaul said:

Yes I know what you mean about the black leather and wood, though I've found it's not as imposing or dark as I thought it would be. It actually feels quite classy and the tall windows and sunroof on these cars let in a lot of light.  My GS450h has beige leather which looks great - when clean! I was looking out for was a black bodied 430 originally, but this tempted me.

My last LS400 had black leather, sooo easy to look after!  And after looking again at the picture of your interior, how could anyone not like that.  Back to reality, time to make dinner!

• Like 1

lovely looking motor

Identical to mine bar my leather is grey.

Im still amazed at the quality of the paint and build - throw a bucket over it and it gleams - silver also also hides imperfections very well.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScousePaul said:

After introducing myself a couple of weeks ago I've got round to taking some pictures. It's just a stock 430 so nothing we've not seen before, but I like to look at member's pics and I'm sure I'm not alone :smile:.

It's a 2005 with 83K on the clock. It's in really nice condition for its age. Almost looks like new from certain angles, and certainly handles and drives like one. Lexus knew how to make a solid long lasting luxury car. This is my third Lexus - follows a LS400 MKIV (sold a while ago) and a GS450h (which I still have but now fully under control of my other half).

thumb?viewBox=2456

thumb?viewBox=2456

thumb?viewBox=2456

thumb?viewBox=2456

Have a few things lined up to get it fully sorted. It is due the timing belt change, which I'll probably get done via local Lexus dealer (unless anyone can recommend a good indy in Merseyside/Lancashire area). Missing a door handle cover on driver side passenger door, which seems fairly common on these. Looking at installing a Vaistech to hook up some storage for my music collection. Am also still waiting for DVLA to return the V5C so I can register my private plate. Typical DVLA turnaround time on these...

Off to Scotland in it this weekend for a bit of a mini road trip and its first proper run. Boys looking forward to stretching out in the back and dad looking forward to stretching out in the front  :smile:.

1. Search "Indie in Wirral"

2. Flight deck of Concorde or the Starship Enterprise ?

Wonderful motor.Thanks for sharing.

Regards

John

• Like 1

1. Search "Indie in Wirral"

2. Flight deck of Concorde or the Starship Enterprise ?

Wonderful motor.Thanks for sharing.

Thanks John. It's a very well-upholstered flight deck :smile:.

I found a post of yours mentioning "Glyn Jones of Heswall on theWirral is a ToyotaIndie." I presume you mean that one? 

• 2 weeks later...

Well took it out for a run to Scotland last weekend for it's first real drive and it was all as expected - no drama and nice and smooth. Averaged about 27mpg which is fine, about the same as my old LS400 and not much different to my 450h. Was mostly in waft mode but did have some fun overtaking moments on the lovely A75 (was driving to Portpatrick right on the southern tip of Scotland). Goes like a train when you want it to.

Car came back filthy and it's been sitting on the drive like that all week but today felt almost spring-like so I gave it its first good wash and even a little wax polish. Paintwork on this is immaculate. I don't know what they do differently but compared to the 450h (10 years old and same mileage as the 430) this 12 year old paintwork really holds together well.

So, an excuse for some more pics :smile:

20170218_140947.jpg

20170218_141004.jpg

20170218_141029.jpg

My youngest working hard on the 450h. He charged me £1 per alloy, which I think is competitive, so I'll keep him on.

20170218_141052.jpg

• Like 5

Red is the colour :). Thinking about it, I've never seen a red LS. Imagine how funky that would look :smile:. I guess it wouldn't appeal to the target market on introduction... I once bought a Fiat Coupe in red and it looked amazing. Typical Fiat build quality though... 

What's your Merc? 

E class 220 cdi Auto Estate Elegance Jan 2003 215,000 miles 50mpg on any journey over 50 miles.The best and most financially economical car I have owned, although the GS450 h is catching it up fast. !!

Comparisons are worthless however as it is chalk and cheese. Both cars are oustandingly good at what they are good at.

Regards

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScousePaul said:

Red is the colour :). Thinking about it, I've never seen a red LS. Imagine how funky that would look :smile:. I guess it wouldn't appeal to the target market on introduction... I once bought a Fiat Coupe in red and it looked amazing. Typical Fiat build quality though... 

What's your Merc? 

For Paul

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=red+ls+400&hl=en&gl=uk&authuser=0&tbm=isch&imgil=Q_OYi9vULKwtAM%3A%3Bq7H129UYSXLDAM%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.vehiclehistory.com%252Fvehicle-red-color%252Flexus%252Fls-400%252F1991&source=iu&pf=m&fir=Q_OYi9vULKwtAM%3A%2Cq7H129UYSXLDAM%2C_&usg=__CITZyNLhQp16sT2qtY0H700H8vI%3D&biw=1319&bih=610&ved=0ahUKEwjEgtDlvJrSAhXGWBQKHdLfA6wQyjcIKQ&ei=Ma2oWISmDMaxUdK_j-AK#imgrc=Q_OYi9vULKwtAM:

Regards

John

• Like 1

Paul I didn't know you also had a 450h - give me a run down on how they compare please - especially cabin noise and suspension harshness - many thanks

The ride is a bit firmer than the LS430. It's a more sporty model though so maybe that's expected. It's still not what I'd consider rock hard though. Certainly does have more cabin noise, and also (in my example) a lot more prone to rattles, instrument panel or other fixtures I've yet to determine :). The 450h certainly excels in performance. Instant torque. CVT transmission is not to everybody's taste though.