Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I ordered some mats via eBay from carmats4u - http://www.carmats4u.com/tailored-car-mats/lexus-car-mats/lexus-ls-400-1989-2016/lexus-ls-400-1994-2000/lexus-ls-400-1994-2000-platinum-car-mats.html

£85.00 for the thickest option with leather binding, unsure why they are cheaper on eBay vs going direct to their website ?

I was attracted by the process, whereby you place the order, they send you a template for the mats which you can accept as good, or create your own, which they then scan in.  They also send you a large sample so you get a good feel for quality and match

The templates they sent were a bit off, so i took the option of tracing my existing genuine mats for them to reproduce.

See the original template mismatch below - plus it needed 20mm or so trimmed from the LHS.  Only showing the Driver mat, however i ordered a set of 4 of their thickest mat.  Both rear mats were fine,

IMG_5771.JPG

They then made the mats from my templates, created on a number of A4 sheets taped together - the result is pretty much perfect (new overlayed on old).

Personally, i would have gone a slightly lighter shade, however there aren't too many options, plus they'll be winter mats; hi'll get the old ones cleaned for use over summer,autumn.

IMG_5905 (2).JPG

And once fitted using the original mounting clips:

IMG_5909 (2).JPG

some pics of the thickness and non-slip backing:

IMG_5906.JPG

IMG_5907.JPG

• Like 1

Hi

i bought these also last weekend it's take a week for the sample to be sent to me, will be measuring it later, I'm assuming it will be slightly off. I must not have read the advert correctly as I thought they have the sizing already.

they don't feel like £85 worth to me, but they are better than the more generic mats for sure

Assuming they would have updated their template based on what I provided -they have one for -94 and 94-.   They said the template they sent me was based on genuine mats, but they were some way off.  If yours is a Mk4, speak to Georgina and maybe ask them to copy the template I sent them (in name of Shirish Patel)

The original ones ive removed don't feel great either, pretty stiff, although maybe the actual material is softer (the backing is the same as the new ones).

• Like 1

I needed some new mats for my Soarer and took the old ones to our local carpet place. The made up two new front mats in some top quality wool blend carpet offcuts they had, for £70. They don't slip and look and feel great. Too good for winter! Another possibility if you want luxury.

• Like 2

I have a LS400 1997 and I have not found one manufacturer of mats that has a correct template. Your 1998 template Shirish looks perfect for my 1997 also, I'm looking for some replacements and may well go with this company.

• Like 1

ETA - having them fitted for a week or so, they work really well. The eyelets for the securing 'pegs' are 18mm and too big however the backing material prevents any slippage whatsoever.

Unsure if I'm missing anything that should sit on top of thes pegs? Sorry for upside down pics

IMG_5893.JPG

IMG_5895.JPG

• Like 1

The securing pegs should be a tight fit into the hole, that stops any movement, and accidentally kicking up the mat.

I would look at putting some kind of thick rubber sleeve with new mats just to ensure that the pegs are tight in there to 100% ensure no movement of the mat.

I will live my 15 year old mats for a while longer, they look okay when given a darned good soak (apart from the Lexus legend now looking like a boogie stuck to the mat.

• 3 weeks later...

Worth noting that on the passenger side the old plastic connectors (on old mats) come apart and could be refitted if making a roughly 3cm hole in the new ones.

One of the companies has obviously made a template for the front mats got it wrong and every other manufacturer has copied them, the blind leading the blind!

On 16/02/2017 at 7:58 AM, cornershop said:

ETA - having them fitted for a week or so, they work really well. The eyelets for the securing 'pegs' are 18mm and too big however the backing material prevents any slippage whatsoever.

Unsure if I'm missing anything that should sit on top of thes pegs? Sorry for upside down pics

IMG_5893.JPG

IMG_5895.JPG

Did you have to buy the pegs? Mine are missing

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links