Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

rear lights

lexus22

After a retard decided to hit the back of my car and drive off, I needed to get another rear light, easy enough? no. Bought used one on-line, perfect condition but internal mirrors are bright chrome, the original broken one has a more smoked chrome mirror. Mate has just given me another one which seems to have an even more smoked effect which looks even darker than original..what the feck is going on here! How many different versions are there??? 

There are at least 3 different types. The bright chrome ones are usually found on early cars, then slightly darker ones were fitted at some point. Maybe around 2002 when some other minor changes were made. The darkest versions of all are usually seen on the run-out models circa 2004-5.

Unbelievable, a straight forward task of buying a rear light unit has got to be a pain in the back side! Obviously no good to buy another without actually seeing it as there does not appear to be any part numbers on these lights at all. The dark one is a tad darker than the original which isn't that bad, but would like them to match. Me thinks to phone up Lexus and see if my reg number shows which one to get...and how much a brand new unit is.. 

Well, just called up Woodford Lexus and ordered a new one which they reckon is the correct one/colour, but if it is not the correct one then I pay nothing..sounds good to me. Best thing is the price, I was expecting something daft like £300 but quoted £104.22 including vat, result!  so if anyone needs a used clear or a dark L/H rear light...let me know.