Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radio Information Display

On previous cars with high end audio systems when in DAB the display has indicated the title of music tracks playing or other info about the programme.

On my Lexus it does sometimes display some information , but seems quite random. Also if the audio display is full screen it makes itself smaller after a short period of time.

I always understood one of the big advantages of DAB was the ability to display text information about programmes on the screen?

I experience the same on my 2016 RC Premium Nav system. On my Mercedes the DAB text scrolled continuously..

Currently looking through the handbook and there are settings for DAB text On/Off, not found anything yet regarding keeping the Audio full screen..

Do you mean the screen returns to the home page after a period of time? There is a setting in Setup I think which turns off the 'change back to home' setting and keeps the screen on whichever function you've selected for as long as you like.

DAB text and FM text has never scrolled for me, it is iffy as well and seems to only be reliable on BBC station. The whole layout of the radio screen is giant waste of screen space to me, the buttons are too big and the info box has a font which is not efficiently using the space. As for why they didn't allow the info to be displayed on the home page when there is plenty space.......

• Like 1

Yes, found the info in the handbook regarding the "Auto screen change" after 20sec displaying either the audio or climate screens.

Will have a play and see how it looks when set to Off.

Must admit to being pleasantly surprised at how simple it was to load up my CD collection via USB memory stick. 

Hi, new user here.

Regarding screen display, when I black out screen during night/day driving I get pop up display on the top screen ribbon displaying station selection. Very annoying, how to stop interruptive display on blank screen. Have tried all settings for display but cannot stop very frequent illumination which is very distracting on night driving and is driving me crazy.

Anybody with tips?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links