Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How to name a topic

Glover

Hi all

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong in naming topics.  I've posted two topics recently one about servicing in the East Midlands, which got 3 replies and one about my experience with Michelin Cross Climates, which has got 9 replies; 5 of which are updates from me!  With both of these topics I asked for help from members and if there's one thing I've noticed about the forum it's how helpful and knowledgeable the members are so I'm surprised how few replies there have been.  I posted the servicing one in the general discussions and the Cross Cliamt in Wheels and Tyres and then the RX section.

I'm fairly new to the forum and Lexus so any help you guys can give about naming topics and where best to post them would be brilliant.  And specific advice about servicing in the East Midlands would be very useful as the annual service is only a couple of months off.  I know the East Mids is a more limited audience but I've seen a few Lexus (Lexii?) around Notts, Derbys, N'hants, Leics and Lincs so either those owners aren't members or they do their own servicing, which in the past I've been happy to do but my days of fiddling with the oily bits are long gone! 

Also the Cross Climates, I'd love some advice on which tyre pressure to use from the handbook options (Eco 36psi or normal 33psi).  I know there's loads of knowledge in the RX community so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hello,

Generally, I have found that you will get more responses if you post the topics in a model specific part of the forum.

Having said that, you are asking very specific questions, so you are going to get limited replies simply based on the experience of members.

One thing I can tell you is if there was helpful information to be added, the people on here would have answered. :smile:

As for the servicing one, it is possible that there are few members on here from that area, but also I have found that a lot of us do tend to use main dealers for servicing, so have limited knowledge of independents.

The only other thing I can suggest is, if you want to know something that is slightly different from the original topic (in this case, tyre choice and pressures), you might get more responses starting a new thread for that query.  That way, members who have no knowledge of the Cross Climate tyres, but do know something of pressures, will see it and you will likely get more replies.

• Like 1

Thanks Shahpor, that's really useful.  Thanks for the tip I'll have a go with a new thread using tyre choice and pressures.

I originally posted the tyre topic in wheels and tyres first and then the RX forum.  Usually Rayaans or GSLV6 will know the answers to the technical questions so I thought maybe the title had thrown people.  And people on the forum have been talking about the Cross Climates and giving them good reviews, which is why I thought somebody might know the best PSI (there are only two options on the RX as I don't envisage I'll ever be doing over 100mph!).

I'll have another go with the servicing one too; I'm interested in feedback on main dealers and independents so maybe if I change the title I'll get some replies from people who use the main dealers.

Thanks for your help

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links