Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shelsley Walsh breakfast club

Took the F to the first breakfast meeting of the year at Shelsley Walsh today. Great to meet other petrol heads and chat.

The F's second visit to SW, and yet again it amazes me how little attention the IS-F gets even from dedicated petrol heads. In fact, ZERO attention LOL.

The IS-F the unheard of hero!

Excuse the crappy phone image.

IMAG0293.jpg

• Like 2

They arent true petrol heads if they didn't show your car any love. Their loss [emoji38]

I've been wanting to get back over there for a few years. I could easily spend the day in the car park dribblin' over visitors cars! Let alone see those on the hill.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farqui said:

They arent true petrol heads if they didn't show your car any love. Their loss emoji38.png

I've been wanting to get back over there for a few years. I could easily spend the day in the car park dribblin' over visitors cars! Let alone see those on the hill.

We grabbed breakfast, did two circuits of the cars and then left. It was yucky weather. Lovely place however :)

1 minute ago, Big Rat said:

I'm not mentioning colour any more, as it seems that every one wants a black one now !

@Flytvr time for a change, hey can you get tartan paint 😂

Bug Rat

Yes, black and blue seem to very popular...... I mean common ;)  Lots on Autotrader!

I genuinely feel that most folk think it's some frumpy Lexus/Toyota Aventis thingy. Should've shown off her rear @Flytvr.  The boat race is the F's least flattering angle IMO. The quad exhausts might have generated more curiosity....

• Like 1

Just now, emjay82 said:

I genuinely feel that most folk think it's some frumpy Lexus/Toyota Aventis thingy. Should've shown off her rear @Flytvr.  The boat race is the F's least flattering angle IMO. The quad exhausts might have generated more curiosity....

Couldn't agree more. Trouble is that you get marshalled into position :(

Rear, from high is one of the best angles (IMHO).

Love the side and rear angles. That's why I added a little front lip to try to help. Part of the charm is that they're not recognised but it also frustrates because the ISF should command at least a little respect. True petrolheads know what they are. 

• Like 1

Considering the other cars that attend, you would think people would get suspicious of a guy in a silver IS and think "there must be something special about that car, he wouldn't just come in a Lexus!!!"

Or you could just rev the car off the limiter all morning!lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

Considering the other cars that attend, you would think people would get suspicious of a guy in a silver IS and think "there must be something special about that car, he wouldn't just come in a Lexus!!!"

Or you could just rev the car off the limiter all morning!lol

Absolutely Marcus.

I think next time I go, I'll print off some facts and stick them in the window

• Like 1

As others have said, most people at car meets don't even know what the isf is. Parking it with the rear showing generates interest due to the exhaust layout. It's amazing how few petrol heads are aware of it. 

10 hours ago, Flytvr said:

In fact, I think if the F had been in any colour other than silver, the interest would have been in negative numbers!!!!

Hmmmm really @Flytvr, I should have been there, we could have conducted a little experiment.

When I was at Castle Combe last year I parked the car with the rear showing and when I returned the couple sat in the car next to me asked if the car "was something special", a lot of people had been taking photos and looking through the windows.

Must be the colour........................:yes:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark G said:

Hmmmm really @Flytvr, I should have been there, we could have conducted a little experiment.

When I was at Castle Combe last year I parked the car with the rear showing and when I returned the couple sat in the car next to me asked if the car "was something special", a lot of people had been taking photos and looking through the windows.

Must be the colour........................:yes:

The couple looked carefully at the blue saloon car parked at Castle Combe and said "Isn't that Toyota Carina the same colour as our Lexus NX?".

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links