Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone, first of all, hello! I've been reading posts on here for a while and have started looking at a few LS400s. So far I've seen two mark 3's and today a mark 4. 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201612230812274?atmobcid=soc3

it''s a tidy looking car and has a very clean interior however it's not without issues. On the test drive it has a very prominent bearing sort of noise that you hear and feel at all speeds but does get worse over 50mph. It also has no record of cambelt being done other than a sticker that said it was done at 55k miles( now at 151k) so with those issues I've decided it's not for me, especially at that price. Just thought it might save someone a trip!  On the positive note, all the heated seats and electric items seemed to work. 

It's a shame as I was looking forward to seeing the difference between the mk3 and mk4 in feel. It's a fab car though and I can't wait to find a good one :-) 

Matt

Hi matt

this trader has quite a few lexus cars, another user on here went to view an ls430 which I think might have been flood damaged although I'll stand corrected on that. 

my view is they're overpriced and often gloss over fundamental history you'd want, so I'm not sure what the premium is for?

Yes I got that feeling from the place, it has huge numbers of cars but is a very scrappy place. The car had a gap in the service record from 109k to 137k with no recorded service which also put me off. It didn't sound as smooth as others I've heard as well. It also was parked on mud and had to be jump started when I arrived. Not a great start! 

12 minutes ago, Matt1986 said:

Yes I got that feeling from the place, it has huge numbers of cars but is a very scrappy place. The car had a gap in the service record from 109k to 137k with no recorded service which also put me off. It didn't sound as smooth as others I've heard as well. It also was parked on mud and had to be jump started when I arrived. Not a great start! 

If you're ever near wolstanton let me know you can have a look at mine, if nothing else to use as a benchmark 

36 minutes ago, Matt1986 said:

If all else is fine with a car, don't let a flat Battery put you off, they do run down quite quickly if not being used.

Just make a new Toyota Battery (£80 or so) a condition of sale.

Interiors are very sturdy, and scrub up fairly easily, so excessive wear is a sign of a hard life.

Sounds to me as if you did the right thing with this one.

• Like 1

Yes but all in all if it's straight with a few quid off it's still a lot of car for the money.

Looks better than mine but my interior, so to speak, is better and a new Battery and belts are a project if you diy it.

All negotiation points as long as the mileage and MOT history are straight.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links