Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400h - Boot Cupboard Lids wont close

Hey just got an Rx400h and I am loving it and also this forum. It has already taught me quite a lot :D I was going to go for an GS450h but sadly i needed more boot storage space.

One problem I have with it is I seem to have a bit of an issue with not being able to close the boot storage lids. They are popped open and I cant feel anything for them to latch onto. The lid has a type of hook on it but I cant feel anything below it that would seem to allow it to 'clasp' onto it to keep it down. 

Any ideas would be great. I didn't really know what to google and I ended up just seeing a lot of boot liners and storage things.

This isn't my car but i am not at hand to however this one shows them nice and shut :D

2006-lexus-rx-400h-10.jpg

Have you compared the one that stays down with the one that pops up?

I seem to recall on my, there was a small clip that was wonky when I bought mine, but with adjustment has been fine ...

Hi there, had this problem on my RX300. The latches as per Peter's photos stuck inside due to dirt, you have to remove them and give a good wash with dish washing liquid, exercise them and do not lubricate. Took half an hour to sort them out, no problem since.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links