Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 300h - Mud flaps yes or no

I'm certainly pleased I added the Protection pack to my RC. The mud flaps keep the car so much cleaner. The rear and sides of the car are protected from spray and debris thrown up by the tyres.

Gets a thumbs-up from me! 2a.gif

I had them fitted on my NX, and I think because the wheel arches are also black they don't look too obvious. Do they help keep the car clean? I am not sure, but I am told they do. My son in-law does not like them, but my son does, so it's all a matter of taste. 

• 3 years later...

Quick question about the mud flaps.

I’ve just bought a set of OEM ones, and plan on fitting them myself.
However, the instructions say I need to drill a 6mm hole for one of the fittings to the rear set.

is that right? Also, won’t that invalidate any rust / bodywork warranty?

Always fitted Mud- Flaps as in my opinion they make the wheel arch appear a touch closer to the wheel whilst definitely offering protection against Road Gritters, new road surfaces etc.

The only model I could not fit them to was my Mk.2 ISF.

Tel

Alex,

As long as you follow the Instructions & spray your hole with Silicon you will be fine as you will have exceeded their expectation. 

• Like 1

My NX was fitted with them when I bought it new. Living in the country the roads are covered in mud and mucky water and they offer some protection. If I didn't live in a rural environment, then perhaps no.

My salesman was against them as he stated they affected the fuel consumption. I certainly think he may have a point as I have noticed a slight increase in consuption when the roads are wet through.

On 11/27/2020 at 9:23 AM, Grumps said:

My NX was fitted with them when I bought it new. Living in the country the roads are covered in mud and mucky water and they offer some protection. If I didn't live in a rural environment, then perhaps no.

My salesman was against them as he stated they affected the fuel consumption. I certainly think he may have a point as I have noticed a slight increase in consuption when the roads are wet through.

^^ Agree with this. I live in a very rural area - access to the village via mud caked single track roads only - and the combination of mud flaps and side-steps stop a whole load of mud and grit, and protect the sides of the car from stone damage.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 9:30 PM, Al D-Much said:

Quick question about the mud flaps.

I’ve just bought a set of OEM ones, and plan on fitting them myself.
However, the instructions say I need to drill a 6mm hole for one of the fittings to the rear set.

is that right? Also, won’t that invalidate any rust / bodywork warranty?

Seriously?! In the metal bodywork!? I wouldn't be happy... 😱

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 8:10 AM, Tel said:

Always fitted Mud- Flaps as in my opinion they make the wheel arch appear a touch closer to the wheel whilst definitely offering protection against Road Gritters, new road surfaces etc.

The only model I could not fit them to was my Mk.2 ISF.

Tel

Alex,

As long as you follow the Instructions & spray your hole with Silicon you will be fine as you will have exceeded their expectation. 

Hi Tel,

Thanks for the advice, would old school grease do the same trick?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links