Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Illusive OEM wheel colour

So I've decided to source another set of alloy wheels, oem, to make swapping of the summer/winter tyres and refurbishing sets without having the car out of action, so much easier.  Also a good investment for the future. My current wheels were refurbished by the previous owner and after the Kemble meet, we concluded they were lighter than oem. The wheels I've sourced have been refurbished by the seller who is confident they're very close to oem. Took some pics today following delivery.

I would be interested to hear opinions and from those still have the oem paint on their wheels, do these look close?

DSC_0011.JPGDSC_0012.JPGDSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

• Like 1

It so difficult to say from photographs, the spare set I bought recently came off a 2008 press car and have never been refurbed I'm just not sure any more you hear so much conflicting on this, I've even zoomed in on an 'F' in 2008 on a car transporter being delivered new, it's an amazing ping clear picture but who knows .

Heres mine after I picked them up not the best pics I'll do some more you judge for yourself, personally I like the darker shade of the two sets I now have, apparently the other set on my car have never been refused either.

Big RatIMG_2367.JPGIMG_0274.JPGIMG_0274.JPG

24 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

So I've decided to source another set of alloy wheels, oem, to make swapping of the summer/winter tyres and refurbishing sets without having the car out of action, so much easier.  Also a good investment for the future. My current wheels were refurbished by the previous owner and after the Kemble meet, we concluded they were lighter than oem. The wheels I've sourced have been refurbished by the seller who is confident they're very close to oem. Took some pics today following delivery.

I would be interested to hear opinions and from those still have the oem paint on their wheels, do these look close?

DSC_0011.JPGDSC_0012.JPGDSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

They look great, I think they are a really good looking wheel and suit the car, I was just thinking that over the years how other manufacturers have done the any colour as long as its silver thing, not that I dislike Silver of course 🙄

Big Rat

Thank Paul 🐀, actually think they don't look far off after seeing your photos. The seller is going to send me the paint codes and paint technique for future use. I will share on here once I have them.

I really like these wheels but would be tempted to switch if these newer oem isf wheels if ever came up...

Screenshot_20170211-022243.png

Screenshot_20170216-221833~2.png

Yes they are very nice as well don't tempt me now space will become an issue !

I really like yellow calipers as well they look great with the Anthracite, I've posted pics on hear last month with my previous car with light Anthracite wheels/yellow calipers - classy !

Big Rat

10 hours ago, emjay82 said:

Cadoxton slate with these darker, closer to oem wheels, might require a splash of colour to the calipers one day to create some contrast... 😉 

When I need to have my calipers refurbished I think I will have them painted..............................well you know what colour...........................

2 hours ago, Warrington guy said:

They look a perfect good match . Here's my oem wheels 

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

Great thanks. Yeah agree, they're not far off, I would say yours look a little lighter. Might bring one to the midlands meet and compare to a car with oem. Will give me some company for the drive up lol 😁 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

I wouldn't worry about the colour. You didn't notice until you put your car next to another.

Good find.

Good point, but I'm a fan of oem, most of the time 😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark G said:

When I need to have my calipers refurbished I think I will have them painted..............................well you know what colour...........................

Silver? 😉 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links