Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing Battery - any surprises I should be aware of?

Radio's fine but you will need to reset the seat memory function on your keys. Also open and close all windows on their 'local' switches before you're able to operate them from the drivers position. Reset the clock of course and the engine may seem a bit lumpy for a couple of minutes after initial starting.

As Brechin Slate mentions...the windows need resetting every time the Battery is disconnected or as in this case changed.  The windows will work without resetting but don't leave it at that because maybe in two weeks times on a wet day you'll go out to the car and find all the windows halfway down and the interior in a complete mess.  As indicated by Brechin do each window separately with their own switch on each door ...as follows:

1) Let the window down completely

2) Hold the switch in the up position so as to close the window...KEEP THE SWITCH HELD UP...for a few seconds say 4-5

after the window closes...you may hear a beep you may not!

3) Repeat x the other 3

All the other stuff can be figured out but this one if ignored will possibly cause you the most grief by getting the interior wet or you're robbed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

ok ... finally ordered a Battery,so a job for the week-end.

It occurred to me it's a big boy (23kG) .......   anyone had experience of changing one of these before... doesn't look to be room for >1 person .... and lots of fragile plastic & bits around the area. ...... is it a hoist job?

couldn't see any obvious handle/grip on the stock Battery

Replacing Battery is super easy... it is just 3 nuts all of which you can undo with Lexus original tool-kit. 23kg might sound a lot but it is not heavy at all, it is not one person job, but one "finger job"...

Though take comments about windows seriously, I once found all 4 windows completely down in rain. Just make sure you have correct Battery, don't remember which one it is 069 or 068, but one have opposite terminal and is often mistaken (actually not sure if IS200d has same batter as IS250).

1 hour ago, jumbojake said:

ok ... finally ordered a battery,so a job for the week-end.

It occurred to me it's a big boy (23kG) .......   anyone had experience of changing one of these before... doesn't look to be room for >1 person .... and lots of fragile plastic & bits around the area. ...... is it a hoist job?

couldn't see any obvious handle/grip on the stock battery

Did mine a couple of months ago as old one was overheating. Straightforward job, 10 mins max. Nice tight terminals and then reset the windows and key/seat memory. Engine may sound strange for a couple of minutes after you start it for first time.

Changed on my is220d was super easy and heavy too. I used original Toyota one as price wise wasn't much different. Aftermarket one tend to be big or small for tray. Only got to set auto windows which is easy too 

All done... nice an easy.... as ahmedali44 said, my Varta Battery was a little bit bigger which made refitting the bracket a little strained, otherwise all done.

I did the window trick, twice for good measure.... didn't hear any beep, so hope it is ok

• Like 1