Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus is220d Extended Warranty

acer54

Decided it's time to buy the Lexus extended warranty before the car is 10 years old, I've been quoted £995 for two years cover inc RAC roadside assistance.

Apart from having to service the car at the Lexus stealership is their any other terms and conditions or get outs that I should be aware of? Like is wear and tear covered within reason etc. And are parts like DPF and EGR covered?

I have the warranty on mine.  It is pretty good at most things.

It does cover the EGR valve and DPF, but no wear and tear items.

During my cover, I have claimed for a dual mass flywheel and rear brake caliper, both without issue.  Understandably, they wouldn't cover the cost of my engine mounts.  Although, in that case, there might have been cause for disagreement, but that is another story...

Annoyingly, the price has increased quite a bit since, when I got mine a year and a half ago, it was £795.  Still, because it includes 2 years premium AA cover (roughly £300 worth), I think it is worth getting.

• Like 1

Car is booked in for Wednesday for inspection prior to me taking the extended warranty, I was at the Lexus garage yesterday and they confirmed DMF, release bearing covered but clutch plates are not which I can understand. I was also told that the EGR is covered but surprisingly not the DPF.

After inspection etc. they will wash and valet the car free of charge! 

This is odd because I was told specifically by my dealer that the DPF is covered?  A call to the warranty company to confirm might be in order I think.

Although I have found inconsistencies between dealers with regards to the warranty before.  When I first went to Lexus Reading, I was told the car needed a full Lexus history to qualify for a warranty, which is obviously not true.

Yep, when I had my DMF changed, I paid for a new clutch to be fitted at the same time.  Not cheap, but as it turns out I was very glad I had the dealer supply it because there was a problem that needed it taking back out, and there was no fuss about who was liable. 

My dealer will wash and vac any car that comes in, regardless of why it is there.  I took it in for them to look at the stereo one day and it came back cleaned. :smile:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, acer54 said:

I got the Lexus dealer to send me the brochure and the warrenty is quite extensive, I was told dpf not covered.

I would check every single policy small print claiming that dpf is covered. 

Just don't personally believe it can be true.

£1000+ part that can go anytime on 10 year old diesel. 

Just ask yourself who would like to underwrite it.

Not saying is not possible but can be stated something like "trying to burn it out" not replacing...

Car has been inspected by Lexus today prior to Lexus extended warranty been granted - no real issues and extended warranty issued!

Also asked them to check the ecu firmware to see if it's the latest and it was so happy about that, also the inspection that they have done finding no faults is a bonus, only small things mentioned were the Battery tray needs replacing as not securing the Battery securely and the clutch release bearing could do with replacing (release bearing covered under warranty).

All in all quite pleased with today's outcome!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Excellent news :smile:

Cost you £995, correct?

Surely they won't cover the replacement of the release bearing in this case because it is a pre-existing condition?

Cost me £995 - Regarding the clutch release bearing they told me to live with it a couple of months and then have it replaced under warranty.......

2 hours ago, Shahpor said:

That was nice of them :smile:

So it wasn't mentioned in the visual inspection report then?

Only thing mentioned was Battery insecure, sorted that this morning. Clutch release bearing was mentioned only verbally not documented anywhere hence being told to live with it for a couple of months and then have it changed under warranty.

10 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Sounds good.  So you pay for the pressure and clutch plates and they take care of the rest?  Also, I wonder what state the flywheel will be in?  How many miles on your car?

113500 miles, spoke about the flywheel being inspected as well and changed if needed, this again is covered under the extended warranty, wear and tear items I do not have a problem with i.e. pressure and clutch plates and if flywheel is ok then will probably have the clutch changed anyway whilst they are in there. 

Well, my flywheel was on roughly 110,000 miles when it was changed and they told me it was quite worn, so I wouldn't be surprised if yours needed changing as well.

Although mine was juddering when pulling away, so they thought it was very worn.  As it turns out, it was my engine mounts.

30 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Well, my flywheel was on roughly 110,000 miles when it was changed and they told me it was quite worn, so I wouldn't be surprised if yours needed changing as well.

Although mine was juddering when pulling away, so they thought it was very worn.  As it turns out, it was my engine mounts.

No juddering when pulling away, when their in doing the release bearing the flywheel will be inspected and changed if necessary.   

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links