Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear underun

I know these are not everyone's taste but I always felt, from the rear at least there was too much black plastic at the bottom. I think the silver trim breaks it up and also gives it a slightly cleaner look. 

It was a bit more effort to fit than lexus said it would be as you need to loosely fit and mark where holes will be, then remove existing black plastic under tray. Once off you drill elongated holes and fasten new trim loosely to it with the provided bolts. You then refit your original under tray with new trim loosely attached as you have to tighten two bolts which will be under the new trim. Once the original trim is all bolted back up you offer new trim up to bumper with the 3m tape strip that adheres to existing bumper along its top edge then tighten four bolts to keep everything nice and tight.

its not a difficult job but does require a little bit of thought and care.

anyway, I'm pleased with the result. 

I may consider the front underun at a later date although this cost nearly £500 and I'm not so concerned about the front look of the vehicle as this looks ok.

carl

IMG_3593.JPG

• Like 2

Does look great. 

I was considering getting one for mine but in the end couldn't justify the cost even with 10% off parts and a discount. Quote was £350 fitted but in the end decided to give it a miss and then forgot about it. 

4 minutes ago, Normski said:

Like it! Also love the Cerulean blue - my old RX300 was Tungsten Mist so very similar :smile:

Yeah, my old is220 was the same colour and I quite liked it as it's a bit different and like silver hides the dirt a bit better than the darker colours. 

It does look good - but not £260-worth of good I'm afraid.

On 17/02/2017 at 8:15 PM, Farqui said:

A shame that the price of plastic these days is so shocking

It's only that price because enough people are willing to pay that price for it. If they weren't selling any I'm sure the price would come down.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

It does look good - but not £260-worth of good I'm afraid.

It's only that price because enough people are willing to pay that price for it. If they weren't selling any I'm sure the price would come down.

Guilty, that said, I agree it's silly money for what it is but I don't drink or smoke so I kinda justify the expense if it's on my car which is pretty much my only real luxury. 

Carl

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Carl911 said:

Nice! Do you have the front as well or just the rear?

Front too, but it was part of a "pack" purchased by the original owner

i quite fancy some side steps too.

IMG_0535.JPG