Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Chip , dyno , power , dpf , egr - my history modification

Miłosz

I would like to share with you with my history with lex is220d. When i bought him ON consumtion was on 12+ litres. Car doesn't have full power. Smoke was terrible and it was shame to drive this car. Where is ecology ? I cannot find them. Techstrem did not show any problems. So my diagnostics based on live data and reference data from techdoc.

First of all i wanted to get rid of this smoke from dpf and tried to use

IMG_20160421_161835_zpsa1qwwzpw.jpg

but there was no effect. I also cleaned egr

IMG_20160416_152618_zpsb2lahc9g.jpg

IMG_20160416_152624_zpsq1vdb7ny.jpg

IMG_20160416_155614_zpsah9sie1v.jpg

And replace new air filter

IMG_20160416_144250_zpsbb6zx8hu.jpg

After that for couple days was improvement with power, but car still smoke cuz of this dpf. So i decide to make a combo egr off dpf off and remap. DENSO ECU was made by MagPro X17

20160617_092219_zpsftlbwtt3.jpg

After egr off (only in ECU) dpf off car show on dyno

wykres_zpsrsx0m8nn.jpg

So i decided to don't make a chip tuning and looking for a problem. After this mods fuel consumtion

Dynamic city driving

miasto1_zpsb7uxzxjg.jpg

City calm driving

miasto2_zps2wvqe80z.jpg

Driving out of town

20160708_182519_zpsq9j30uov.jpg

Next step was mechanical blocking of egr

20160823_105037_zpsscv664lw.jpg

20160823_141953_zpsvyjxj2gp.jpg

I have also strange sound when i turn off engine

So i changed evrv

20160826_130700_zpst2dseslw.jpg

And problem with strange sound solved.

After this i was another time on dyno

wykres2_zpsc9nftrnb.jpg

I know that 2AD engines are weak and don't have 177hp and 400Nm. During dyno test i also watched live data and something was wrong with fuel preasure. So i decided to replace SCV valve.

20161024_161938_zps4ccuokse.jpg

Cleaning SCV does not make sense, cuz piston blures.

scv_zpsibfbyuac.jpg

After this everyting city driving

20161104_072924_zpsirubqhcx.jpg

After this everyting i come back for my tuner and finally made remap

DSC_0288_zpserx21vna.jpg

EPSON001_zps2xaf4ljs.jpg

Also changed oil engine for millers ee, and engine began to work quietly

DSC_0290_zpsecitredv.jpg

Couple days ago i also replace air filter for K&N

DSC_0485_zps20rbqfao.jpg

DSC_0482_zpsx8qrvfdi.jpg

I want also to clean my intake manifold and after that maybe i will go another time to dyno.

All the time i modifies my fuel

20161025_144004_zpsjud4kafp.jpg

I also made a test in my laboratory with AR6900 and it show to me that this product should work.

Serial car is tragic, engineers of toyota showed me how to not make diesel engines. My engine is new , replaced in lexus, mileage about 55k km. During year i made about 13k km. After my mods driving is a pleasure not shame and torture.

• Like 1

Wow, that is some impressive modding you have done there Milosz :smile:

Very interesting.  So you stopped it smoking, gained some power and raised the fuel economy, even though the car didn't think anything was wrong?  That is some fine work.

7.4 l/100km in town is very good.

So you gained power by removing egr/dpf, changing ECU and SCV valves?  Strange that the fuel pressure was off but the car didn't log an error.

I need to get out and check my TechStream to see what my car reads now. :smile:

I am not sure what the injector correction is showing though?

Thanks, i am only driving in the city, so dpf smoked all the time :/ During winter diesel consumtion is about 8,5 but all the time i am using my small webasto. When temperatures will be +10 i will check once more my consumption. Theoretically egr off and dpf off should make factory paremeters 177hp and 400Nm if egnine and equimpment are good :D But in my opinion toyota cannot make a diesel engines and standard results are about 160hp and 360-380Nm i saw also couple of dyno results and everyting is near this result.

My ending scv cannot show any errors. From the date of purchase, there was no error, so diagnostics what is wrong with this car was difficult. My old bmw always show in ista what is wrong. So in my opinion another big ----------------------------- for toyota engineers.

If you want to make a good diagnostics use tech doc with reference parameters and live data, only reading errors it's not enough.

Correction in techstream is only for preview, injectors you can check only in special machine.

• 10 months later...

Damn Photobucket!

It was a good guide as well :sad:

Good find Daniel, it does sound like what is happening to yours.

I think the valve is the Vacuum Switching Valve as it is called by Lexus and it is located on the left side of the engine (looking from the front) above the turbo.

Daniel i wrote to you on YT.  I hope you replace your valve.

Shahpor PB sucks :/ All of my photos gone from this server, but i have a copy, maybe if i had i time a will replace links.

It took some time from mods and my is220d driving without any problems. Fuel consumtion is less than 5 liters in motorway , in city driving short distance with my "small webasto" about 8 litres. After calculation bc showing more than in real consumtion. On Christmass i made some test , fully tank my car, drove 221 km on motorway, speed 60-70 km/h cuz of road works about 40 km, after this about 100 km/h. When i made 221 km i drove on petrol station and tank 10,11 of diesel. As i said my bc shows more

DSC_0108.jpg

Iam still modifies fuel by adding Kleen flo , or archoil.

On vacation in August on 18 inch wheels i made similar test but speed was about 160 km/h fuel consumtion was about 7.25 litres.

On 1/3/2018 at 2:44 PM, Miłosz said:

Daniel i wrote to you on YT.  I hope you replace your valve.

Shahpor PB sucks :/ All of my photos gone from this server, but i have a copy, maybe if i had i time a will replace links.

It took some time from mods and my is220d driving without any problems. Fuel consumtion is less than 5 liters in motorway , in city driving short distance with my "small webasto" about 8 litres. After calculation bc showing more than in real consumtion. On Christmass i made some test , fully tank my car, drove 221 km on motorway, speed 60-70 km/h cuz of road works about 40 km, after this about 100 km/h. When i made 221 km i drove on petrol station and tank 10,11 of diesel. As i said my bc shows more

DSC_0108.jpg

Iam still modifies fuel by adding Kleen flo , or archoil.

On vacation in August on 18 inch wheels i made similar test but speed was about 160 km/h fuel consumtion was about 7.25 litres.

Hi again! I am fairly new to the forum and I have No ideea what YT is and where to find what you wrote to me ! I am really sorry! Is it a private message?