Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Carpet in driver footwell

I have a 2014 IS with 17000 miles on the clock. Above the footrest a hole has developed in the carpet. The plastic under the carpet is now exposed.

I never had this issue before with my previous Toyota cars. It is also disappointing for a Lexus.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is it covered by the warranty?

I have the mats. One set of plastic for the winter and one set of the plush fabric for summer so have not noticed this. A set of mats may cover it up. You could try to see if they will cover it in the warranty but they would probably say fair wear and tare.

I though everyone used car mats. I've never had a car without them, but I've never had a company car they have always been my own.

19 minutes ago, MayoDriver said:

I have a 2014 IS with 17000 miles on the clock. Above the footrest a hole has developed in the carpet. The plastic under the carpet is now exposed.

I never had this issue before with my previous Toyota cars. It is also disappointing for a Lexus.

Think its classed as wear and tear but I'd chance my arm and ask at your dealership. I have car mats in mine and these take the brunt of and wear. I've just brought a replacement set off eBay for £40(over £100 from Lexus) :yahoo::w00t: 

2 minutes ago, MayoDriver said:

Hi PaulWhitt20,

Just to clarify that it is on the side not the floor of the footwell. I have rubber mats and the floor under the mats is fine. It is the area where the side of my  foot rests when I use the footrest.

Definitely will be classed as wear and tear 

Mine is a 63 plate with 13k miles and it's fine. I suspect it's to do with heavy boots or shoes with hard heels.

Undoubtedly doing only 17k miles in 4 years means it's going to have more use of the parking brake which would explain the wear 

For me it's not a problem as I rarely drive the car and the Mrs has small feet and usually wears soft flats or running trainers

Just checked mine, 14 plate with 17k miles - very slight signs of wear in that area. Carpet doesn't look like the best quality to be honest, would argue the case for warranty. It appears to all unclip anyway so quite an easy job I'd have thought. 

Definitely agree with the comments about footwear - have seen cars driven by my wife and the stiletto damages the matts.

Think its classed as wear and tear but I'd chance my arm and ask at your dealership. I have car mats in mine and these take the brunt of and wear. I've just brought a replacement set off eBay for £40(over £100 from Lexus) :yahoo::w00t: 

Hi.. just wondered which mats you bought. I'm looking for a new set for my RX400 as my drivers mat went through a couple of years ago. Been using carpet cut into the correct shape ever since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, ISJason said:

Think its classed as wear and tear but I'd chance my arm and ask at your dealership. I have car mats in mine and these take the brunt of and wear. I've just brought a replacement set off ebay for £40(over £100 from Lexus) :yahoo::w00t: 

Hi.. just wondered which mats you bought. I'm looking for a new set for my RX400 as my drivers mat went through a couple of years ago. Been using carpet cut into the correct shape ever since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was looking on eBay and found a seller  hills_of_woodford_toyota  they seem to sell Toyota and lexus items there is also the lexus eBay shop. I fell lucky and  found a set of genuine is300h mats but the lexus eBay shop was alot more expensive but they do have more items the link is on the lexus uk website under OWNERS-Genuine parts  http://stores.ebay.co.uk/LexusOfficialStore?_ga=1.72984595.1605459616.1487431086

hope this helps

LEXUS IS300h CARPET MAT SET

On 18/02/2017 at 3:47 PM, PaulWhitt20 said:

Just checked mine. There is a bit of wear on the carpet to the left of the foot brake but no hole. It is 65 plate with 17k miles.

Not good is it ? . I would be annoyed about this if the car was over 5 years old . I'm still Peed off with the leather seats marking and scuffing so easily . 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links