Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just seen the white ls400. It looks like a mk3. But its got sat nav. Is that right. 

It also says 25k miles. Looking at mot history it tallies up. But when you see some advisories at early miles it doesnt ring true

It's a 99 car so would be a mark 4?

how can you tell it's got air?  There are a few tempting ones on at the minute

on closer inspection (not on a phone with a broken screen) is it a Toyota import? 

Some of the last mk3 in Japan were fitted with the sat nav. It's definitely looks like an import and probably had the odometer swapped out from km hence the low mileage. I drove a mk3 import and it had the same buttons on the gear selector as this. 

On 20/02/2017 at 5:20 AM, ste42 said:

im wrong theres a small wheel to the left of steering wheel i thought it was the air suspension adjuster

Don't think you are wrong Steve, there is a height adjustment switch, near the gear selector and PWR/SNOW switch, so it has got air suspension, as have other JDM cars featured here before.

• Like 1

It was a very good price for a late series III Toyota Celsior, the engine emblem also gives the game away.

Regarding the Sat Nav I understand these were fitted from 1990 on the JDM models, my 1994 Celsior certainly had it fitted.

• Like 1

I remember the Navigation system (first ever featured on a car I think) was fitted to the Toyota Soarer it worked off a CD I believe, absolutely useless outside of Japan. The touchscreen had a few different options for the sound of the hi-fi and there was a note book and calendar that would remind you of inputted important dates. You could have TV through the screen and a reversing camera if you chose that option. The Japanese always keep the best for there home market take a look at Seiko and their top end watches (which sell in Japan) are as good if not better than anything produced elsewhere.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...