Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parking Sensors Faulty>?

mooks

My parking sensors have recently started to stay on the continuous tone,as if you are close to something,as soon as i put it in Reverse.

I checked to see if anything was covering or blocking them and wiped them down,but it still seems to do it.

Is this likely to be a sensor fault,if so how can i got about identifying the issue? 

Thanks

Odd, the two corner sensors operate independently so to have both giving a false trigger is strange.

I believe they plug in behind the rear bumper, so I would be inclined to see if I could disconnect one of the corner sensors and see what happens.

s-l500.jpg

Then the next logical step would be to see if you can swap one of the centre sensors with a corner sensor and see if the fault moves. 

If your sensors are faulty, then you should be able to source replacements from ebay/breakers

Hi,thanks for the info.

i had a look around,and assume i will need to take the bumper off to access the sensors as i couldn't see how else to do so

Is there a guide to doing this on the GS300? also will i need to be mindful of any airbag deployment sensors around that way?

• 1 month later...

Had a sensor painted on my IS due to a slight scrape. The rear bumper has to come off. Once it had been painted I was unable to clear the fault on it, maybe due to overspray. Went to Lexus for a new sensor, told the good news they come painted the colour of your car, bad news it costs almost £200 . I was only after 1 sensor not a full set of 4. Yes that"s the cost of 1 sensor was the answer.

Hopefully you will be able to get your one reset.