Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust tip cleaning

After looking at photos of other peoples' ISF in the big photo thread, I notice how nice and shiny the exhaust tips look.

What do you all use? I haven't cleaned mine in the year since I bought the car and they really need doing. I have purchased some extra fine wire wool but am reluctant to use it at all.

Also, do you know if the tips can easily be removed from the car to clean them more thoroughly?

Cheers

10 minutes ago, ollie isf said:

After looking at photos of other peoples' ISF in the big photo thread, I notice how nice and shiny the exhaust tips look.

What do you all use? I haven't cleaned mine in the year since I bought the car and they really need doing. I have purchased some extra fine wire wool but am reluctant to use it at all.

Also, do you know if the tips can easily be removed from the car to clean them more thoroughly?

Cheers

Autosol metal polish and fine wire wool should do it. 

• Like 1

She's no garage queen that's for sure @Verbout , always serviced on time and looked after but any weather any time any excuse in fact, it's still an event for me, wish I'd found Lexus years ago 😏

What is that aircraft on your member picture ?

Bug Rat

3 minutes ago, Verbout said:

No garage shiny queen here neither.

The finest beast ever made that never really flew.

thttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BAC_TSR-2

@Verbout I need new glasses, I was at RAF Cosford drooling over that only a few months ago, one of the many aircraft museums I like to frequent in the 'F ' of course !

Big Rat

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Verbout I need new glasses, I was at RAF Cosford drooling over that only a few months ago, one of the many aircraft museums I like to frequent in the 'F ' of course !

Big Rat

Love Cosford. All those Jaguars, an F-111 and of course the TSR2.

We seem to be going backwards with aviation technology. Can't even fly supersonic anymore (as a passenger).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Love Cosford. All those Jaguars, an F-111 and of course the TSR2.

We seem to be going backwards with aviation technology. Can't even fly supersonic anymore (as a passenger).

See you hail from Gods own, Elvington another one of my favourites different era but great museum 👍

🐀