Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another contender

5 minutes ago, Warrington guy said:

No standard 65 plate 3 litre twin turbo  four wheel drive . 0-60 4. 6 sec brilliant car . Just interior put me off . We did nearly 400 miles round trip to Wembley and took 50 quid in juice . 

Mr London Mayor will soon put a stop to that 😂

While us petrol blokes will be fine lol

Big Rat

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Warrington guy said:

It's only once in a blue moon we get to see Warrington wolves rugby league at Wembley . Would probably cost me double in the isf

Ah rugby that's different you sir are excused ✊️

I have no interest in turbos or superchargers, the F is as fast as you need on the road although you have to work for it. And that is the difference between a driving enthusiast (terrible phrase 😶) and joe public, we enjoy actually driving the car whereas they just want the easiest way to go fast and show the world they have an expensive car. That's why diesels and turbo German cars are so popular. Don't even get me started on fast Audi's, the most boring cars on the road imho 😠

On paper the M4 has the performance numbers and good fuel economy to help convince the wife but in reality the engine is a backwards step from the previous model. If lexus goes turbo like I think they will I will be much less interested in them.

I really like jags but agree that the build quality is still not good enough. I also think they should introduce a turbo straight 6 with around 450bhp in the XE as this would be closer in spirit to the M4 and have lower tax and emissions which I think would put a lot of people off the sc V8. My feeling is the next ISF will be the 3.5 V6 turbo 😩

GSF for me next then... 😊

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MNMJ said:

Whilst Lexus seem determined not to compete in the powerful small saloon market, Jaguar are going for it.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/jaguar/xe/88275/new-jaguar-xe-svr-set-to-challenge-the-bmw-m3

The XE SVR looks like a direct rival for the Alfa Giula QF, AMG C63, and M3 Performance Pack. They have also upped the power of the XES to 380PS from an underwhelming 330.

Hopefully Lexus will get a grip and make a new IS-F

How odd.

Although this is supposingly  a new article, there are 3 years old comments at the end of the page...

Well spotted on the 3 year old comments. People have been talking about putting the V8 in the XE since it was announced. Maybe they just did a cut and paste of past comments to make it look like there is traffic?

As to reliability; it was the same with the F-Type; there were many quality and reliability complaints at first.

I had some good advice from insiders at BMW GB back in the nineties that said "Never buy a car built in the first 6 months of production; German Quality control tolerates  28 faults per ???  for the first 6 months, then it must drop to 6 per ???  (I can't remember the ??? metric, but the drop from 28 to 6 stuck in my mind). 

Jaguar seem to have embraced the principle. Waiting 12-18 months also gives the XE SVR time to depreciate; the Jag R models are, like our Fs, notorious for first year depreciation

• Like 2

Regarding newly introduced models by any manufacturer you care to name they all do it, the remainder of the vehicle testing is carried out by Joe public, at least that's what the cynical side of me thinks.

One of the worst it would appear to fail to carry out detailed long term testing is Porsche, perhaps not in the last 2-3 years but it is well evidenced they were guilty of this from the late 90's to about 2009.

Ive said it before German car quality being superior to others is a myth.

Big Rat

• Like 1

Jaguar/landrover generally release a new model with an existing engine range to reduce at least some reliability issues, they then introduce new engines during the facelift. It's a sensible approach and I'm sure other manufacturers do the same where the can. It doesn't help with the low quality interior materials though. 

I do want them to do well though as they are great looking, good to drive and British built of course 🐯

• Like 1

Having spent a bit of time behind the wheel of an XFR I must say the idea of a proper XER with the full fat 5.0 supercharged V8 is appealing. 

I was out in my brothers XFR earlier tonight, mini tunnel run with him driving the ISF 

B29E31AD-D6E5-4674-B46D-CFE58E2A677F_zps

The engine in the XFR is an absolute nutjob, shedloads of torque. His car has Mina Gallery backboxes and sounds rather angry. The ISF is a lot higher pitched in comparison. 

It's a shame Lexus haven't introduced a supercharged V8, will be interesting to see how the aftermarket kit from RR Racing fares. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GibletPH said:

Having spent a bit of time behind the wheel of an XFR I must say the idea of a proper XER with the full fat 5.0 supercharged V8 is appealing. 

I was out in my brothers XFR earlier tonight, mini tunnel run with him driving the ISF 

B29E31AD-D6E5-4674-B46D-CFE58E2A677F_zps

The engine in the XFR is an absolute nutjob, shedloads of torque. His car has Mina Gallery backboxes and sounds rather angry. The ISF is a lot higher pitched in comparison. 

It's a shame Lexus haven't introduced a supercharged V8, will be interesting to see how the aftermarket kit from RR Racing fares. 

@GibletPH Looking close at the picture background Turkey was a long way to go to prove what must have been an exhausting point 😂

Big Rat

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links