Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buyer beware, low mileage 430 on ebay

I know there are a few looking for low mileage LS cars, so I thought I'd mention THIS one on eBay.

It's Cat D, but the dealer hardly mentions it, which in my opinion is wrong, I think it should be in the heading.

It's listed as 31,000 miles, but even so, £8995 seems strong for a Cat D.

• Like 1

Extremely low mileage, but even without being a cat D the price seems on the high side to me. Plenty of low mileage well looked after FLSH examples of an LS430 for 1,2 or 3 thou lower than that. I know as I've been actively seeking one until very recently :). Cat D is the least risky categorisation I guess, but it's still an insurance write-off. 

It's Cat D, but the dealer hardly mentions it, which in my opinion is wrong, I think it should be in the heading.

Well to give autotrader some credit, they do at least highlight this

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201609187884756?make=LEXUS&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=price-desc&postcode=pr99lu&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&model=LS 430&page=1

eBay just doesn't care about that kind of thing.

2 minutes ago, ScousePaul said:

Extremely low mileage, but even without being a cat D the price seems on the high side to me. Plenty of low mileage well looked after FLSH examples of an LS430 for 1,2 or 3 thou lower than that. I know as I've been actively seeking one until very recently :). Cat D is the least risky categorisation I guess, but it's still an insurance write-off. 

Well to give autotrader some credit, they do at least highlight this

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201609187884756?make=LEXUS&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=price-desc&postcode=pr99lu&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&model=LS 430&page=1

Ebay just doesn't care about that kind of thing.

I agree.

If AT can do it, so could eBay, but, as you say, they don't care, hence the number of shysters operating on there.

The Cat D thing could be next to nothing damage wise, or the chassis could be bent, or anything in between, but the killer is resale values, as your everyday punter is frightened off.

Why they don't photograph the damage and repair process, to show future buyers the real situation, I don't know.......or maybe I do!!

• Like 1

I looked at this car as a private sale around a year ago offered £5000 for it which was very fair mostly cosmetic damage bumper wing etc. The owner had bought all the parts off Lexus but some back street garage had made a mess of the repair worth a view at half what they are asking for it.

• Like 1

I seem to remember reading that these cars are very easy to clock.  Being written off doesn't alter the service history, which, if there is any, should confirm the mileage one way or the other..., which, - at £9k... I'm sure a comprehensive history will be included!  

Those wheels look like they need refurbing also... they look like they've been chromed up... hmmmm 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links