Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 MK4 Wheel Complete With Tyre Bargain Price.

Bluesman

You jest, right, its still for sale.

DD

Well if he sells car parts then he fullfils one of the 2 parts/elemants which make up the principle of 'supply & demand', actually I am real hog at it it cause I also have an LS to fit it on

Bluesman

There was one on last week he wanted £45

DD

I paid £50 & very, very glad to get it, I hope he makes money out of having the right thing for the 'needy', such as I was till I dealt with him, wheels & cars go hand in glove so to speak.....err metaphoricaly

• Like 1

Thats ridiculous.  Ive got 4 behind my shed

Yes but the thing is who, until now, knows that? The guy who sold one to me was advertising, if I knew you had one for sale (you have not said you have 'one' for sale) then for me as the buyer judgment would have been ease to get to & close in price. 

I have been looking for one for a long time until now, again, I was the 'demand' end of 'supply & demand' & as soon as I saw this one from that seller he had a punter, me. As it was he was visiting NW London the day I collected it so traveling was not bad (a factor) Belvedere where he seems to be based is awkward from me in W London.

So I ask, if you have 4 redundant "16 wheels behind a shed which no one knows about why is it 'ridiculous' that someone else is selling 'one' at whatever price the sell it at? 

How much are a set of 1998 16" wheels (no tyres) in good-to-VGC worth ?

The spare looks unused to me, might even be the original tyre.

To some/individual extent it depends on circumstances of buyer, in my case when I got this car (2011) there was a spare in the back but I never checked to see if it was a 16'' LS 400 spare, then I ended up with ripped tyre, new years day about 2012, went to change the wheel & lo & behold the 'spare' would not fit, it was for some other car or other, so, no spare & I have had a lot of difficulty until now getting one, so I guess price would be what any individual is prepared to pay, add to that, does the seller have a cheap courier (commercial sellers probably will) or does the buyer have to travel maybe hundreds of miles to get it from a private seller, a spare wheel in Kensington would much more valuable to me than the same wheel in Durham city or Oxford.

Another factor I came across a few times & highlighted in cornershops' post is that some sellers only want to sell the set, but not individual wheels

• Like 1