Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air intake

Hi, looking for advice on which after-market air intake to fit. Our friends across the pond seem to be favouring the RR racing mods. Any good suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I got the apexi kit which retains the standard air box. It's not as bling as some but seems well made and makes a nice noise. It has made a small increase in performance but my old filter was filthy some any filter would have been an improvement! 

A lot of kits come from America so shipping can takea while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusty Crobar said:

I got the apexi kit which retains the standard air box. It's not as bling as some but seems well made and makes a nice noise. It has made a small increase in performance but my old filter was filthy some any filter would have been an improvement! 

A lot of kits come from America so shipping can takea while.

Ho Ho Ho Russell's a poet and he didn't know it 🤣

🐀

• Like 1

I have the HPS hose and Tom's drop in filter. Yet to find time to install but did alot of research before buying and concluded that the induction kits (K&N, Takeda etc) would probably result in slight loss of power but add considerable noise. The pipe and drop in filter should give better airflow and retain BHP, but only minimal noise benefits. 

• Like 2

On 2/24/2017 at 10:57 PM, emjay82 said:

I have the HPS hose and Tom's drop in filter. Yet to find time to install but did alot of research before buying and concluded that the induction kits (K&N, Takeda etc) would probably result in slight loss of power but add considerable noise. The pipe and drop in filter should give better airflow and retain BHP, but only minimal noise benefits. 

I stuck the Toms filter in mine today...

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/lexus/is-f/toms-super-ram-air-filter-lexus-is-f.html

Standard hose though.

42 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

It's a city I know like the back of my hand, done more building work there than the Romans.....cough.....cough

Now then is that a pint of Black, lovely, liquid known to all the free world as Guinness , goes down faster than Mrs Rat at yet another speed awareness course 😂

🐀

1 minute ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

I stuck the Toms filter in mine today...

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/lexus/is-f/toms-super-ram-air-filter-lexus-is-f.html

Standard hose though.

How is it? Minimal difference I assume? Got mine from there, few weeks delivery but to be expected and they warned me upfront. 

Im going to go with a high flow filter inside the standard box make unknown yet.

I've done the mod to keep the secondary flap open and at first it felt slower but now feels better as the ECU must have adapted.

I plan on getting cold air piped from the break cooler openings in front bumper up into drivers front wing then into air box.

Not had a look yet how it would fit.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2017 at 4:44 PM, emjay82 said:

How is it? Minimal difference I assume? Got mine from there, few weeks delivery but to be expected and they warned me upfront. 

Did a 250 mile round trip in car.  Tom's filter is a bit more audible than standard.  It's a shame it's hidden in the airbox as it's quite a nice piece of kit.

Certainly not made car any slower which is good thing :-)

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links