Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wing mirror glass size? IS250

dpz46

Good evening,  unfortunately another driver tried to squeeze through a gap that he could not possibly fit between last night and subsequently smashed my mirror nearly clean off my 2009 IS250 

The glass has smashed and it was the auto dimming one (Chromactic). Cut to the chase and Lexus want £315 for the glass on its own so after plenty of digging and reading through posts on here and coming up with nothing i need to know this.

As my car was the face-lift model (2009) with the indicator in the mirror and reverse dip down etc would a mirror glass fit off the pre face-lift model? The reason i ask is because i have seen one on eBay and its the only one that is auto dimming on there. I only need the glass and not the whole mirror but i can sort that. I just need to know if the shape of the glass changed? After asking a few breakers and of course Lexus none of them will commit. So i thought its worth putting a post up. 

Cheers in advance guys 

Dpz

18 hours ago, dpz46 said:

Good evening,  unfortunately another driver tried to squeeze through a gap that he could not possibly fit between last night and subsequently smashed my mirror nearly clean off my 2009 IS250 

The glass has smashed and it was the auto dimming one (Chromactic). Cut to the chase and Lexus want £315 for the glass on its own so after plenty of digging and reading through posts on here and coming up with nothing i need to know this.

As my car was the face-lift model (2009) with the indicator in the mirror and reverse dip down etc would a mirror glass fit off the pre face-lift model? The reason i ask is because i have seen one on ebay and its the only one that is auto dimming on there. I only need the glass and not the whole mirror but i can sort that. I just need to know if the shape of the glass changed? After asking a few breakers and of course Lexus none of them will commit. So i thought its worth putting a post up. 

Cheers in advance guys 

Dpz

Yes it should fit. 

From pictures the pre-facelift and facelift IS have the same miror but the pre-facelift doesn't have indicators. 

Also worth noting that the 3RX has identical mirrors to the facelift 2IS so an RX glass would work as well