Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Doesn't this look nice!

these do seem amazing cars but i would personally steer clear of an older car Japanese import ............  since the radioactive fallout issues..............  just might turn out to be a slightly infected car maybe at some point down the line.

Just my own personal fears i guess BUT it would keep me awake at night.

Malc

11 hours ago, Malc said:

these do seem amazing cars but i would personally steer clear of an older car Japanese import ............  since the radioactive fallout issues..............  just might turn out to be a slightly infected car maybe at some point down the line.

Just my own personal fears i guess BUT it would keep me awake at night.

Malc

You should try a customer I've been dealing with lately, radioactivity would seem like a cure for insomnia compared to her!! Funny how the grass is always greener, the fabric seats on that import look really nice, but if I had them I'd be saying the same about leather!

If I were in the market for an LS I would 'probably' go for this one, unless a highly unlikely something showed up on a test drive I'd take it, 3 owners, FSH & 157,000k.

My 'probably' option is because I don't understand why it only has another 12 weeks MOT left instead of him/her getting a 12 month MOT to help any sale

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-LEXUS-LS-400-BLUE-MK1-FACELIFT-/222403396258?hash=item33c84682a2:g:Fo8AAOSw2xRYm4WL

1 hour ago, dendonc said:

If I were in the market for an LS I would 'probably' go for this one, unless a highly unlikely something showed up on a test drive I'd take it, 3 owners, FSH & 157,000k.

My 'probably' option is because I don't understand why it only has another 12 weeks MOT left instead of him/her getting a 12 month MOT to help any sale

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-LEXUS-LS-400-BLUE-MK1-FACELIFT-/222403396258?hash=item33c84682a2:g:Fo8AAOSw2xRYm4WL

probably coz the exhaust Advisory actually needs doing now and it has certainly done some miles over the last two years and maybe it's just time for the owner to be shot of it before other issues arise ........  like the front UCAs are just about due i would think together with rear suspension issues coz they weren't advised before on the MOTs and as I said, the last two years have seen big distances covered with this owner.

I would want a new independent MOT if i was thinking to buy this one

Malc

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ISJason said:

Hi , I must throw a spanner in the works and say that I do prefer the LS 460 or the new LS600h

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I'm with you on that!  I suppose it's just interesting to see what's out there and to see cars of that age with silly low mileage and looking immaculate.  You wouldn't see that with too many cars that came out of Longbridge!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malc said:

nope, it's a Mk3 for certain  .......  no separate foglights below the orange lenses.

Malc

I thought the early US ones didn't have the front fogs, and I didn't think those wheels went forward to the MK3.  But then I haven't had a MK3 so I bow to superior knowledge!

1 hour ago, ISJason said:

Hi , I must throw a spanner in the works and say that I do prefer the LS 460 or the new LS600h

To me, all of the LS's are interesting for different reasons. I do find the LS400 exterior to be the best. Sleek lines which don't age, or at least now just look classic. Relatively simple technology and solid build.

I still miss my old LS400 MKIV, but when I was looking for a an LS recently I went for an LS430. There are just more of them available in great condition so wasn't hard to find a good one. I also much prefer the interior of the 430. A few more gadgets to break, but so long as I don't get the fabled collapse of the air suspension in the next 5-10 years I'll be happy with mine.

The 460/600 are wonders of technology. More modern body shape (to me, better on the eye than the 430 but again not as sleek as the 400). Lots more to go wrong and expensive to fix, but I may look at them with more interest in 5-10 years ;). Unless I find a mint LS400 that's not already been grabbed by the eagle-eyed members of LOC...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScousePaul said:

To me, all of the LS's are interesting for different reasons. I do find the LS400 exterior to be the best. Sleek lines which don't age, or at least now just look classic. Relatively simple technology and solid build.

I still miss my old LS400 MKIV, but when I was looking for a an LS recently I went for an LS430. There are just more of them available in great condition so wasn't hard to find a good one. I also much prefer the interior of the 430. A few more gadgets to break, but so long as I don't get the fabled collapse of the air suspension in the next 5-10 years I'll be happy with mine.

The 460/600 are wonders of technology. More modern body shape (to me, better on the eye than the 430 but again not as sleek as the 400). Lots more to go wrong and expensive to fix, but I may look at them with more interest in 5-10 years ;). Unless I find a mint LS400 that's not already been grabbed by the eagle-eyed members of LOC...

I do agree, the LS400 is very easy on the eye! I agree about the later body shape too, and for me the LS430 was the last of the "classic" limo shape from Lexus.  And as I'm nearing the stage where I want to slow down with work, I'm guessing my pocket will confirm that it remains the last classic shape for me!  It really was my first ever sighting of an LS that did it for me, I thought it was American, and having always loved American cars the next step was an obvious one!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I thought the early US ones didn't have the front fogs, and I didn't think those wheels went forward to the MK3.  But then I haven't had a MK3 so I bow to superior knowledge!

hey, I have no superior knowledge at all .......  I just hadn't thought about USA cars with this post. my mind was all things classic Ls400 UK-wise:winkiss:

Malc

22 minutes ago, Malc said:

hey, I have no superior knowledge at all .......  I just hadn't thought about USA cars with this post. my mind was all things classic Ls400 UK-wise:winkiss:

Malc

Well your knowledge on the MK3 is certainly superior to mine!

ScousePaul:if the air suspension goes bung it can't be too much of a hassle to put in some coilovers. BC racing do them for the 430 and they are good quality, and you can specify the spring rate you want to keep a limo ride (as well as adjusting the damping and height, of course.) Having helped convert an air suspension Soarer to springs I wouldn't think it is too different and half a day's work maximum.

52 minutes ago, Newbie1 said:

ScousePaul:if the air suspension goes bung it can't be too much of a hassle to put in some coilovers. BC racing do them for the 430 and they are good quality, and you can specify the spring rate you want to keep a limo ride (as well as adjusting the damping and height, of course.) Having helped convert an air suspension Soarer to springs I wouldn't think it is too different and half a day's work maximum.

I agree, you can buy the four for around £700, and by all accounts a fairly straightforward job, the worst being the removal of the rear seat.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links