Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Check Hybrid System warning msg?

Hi

Ive today checked another  RX400H 2008. The car was not used 3 weeks. First time we tried to start the car it seems like Battery flat. Used jump start. and drived few miles, it was OK. come back and checked some window, door, ac, sun roof and so on. Later drived again then car make noise/beep and "check hybrid system', Check AWD system and Check VDS messages appeared on the screen and suddenly engine stopped, fuel light was on as well. Managed to start again and go to petrol station and put gas in and drive away for long way on Motorway. Battery mark was white then gradually turn to blue of 6 bars, once went to 7 green bar of Battery and then always blue 6 bars. The warning  messages never appeared  again. Come home and checked auxiliary Battery it was 12.45V

Is there any concern for this car or if both auxiliary and big Battery went flat these thing happen normal or not? 

read few similar posts , and people said its because of Battery thing or software need to be updated. But not sure.

any idea why that happening

Thanks in advance

cheers 

DG   

My only suggestion is to be careful about jump starters, they are NOT to be used with  Hybrid vehicles with Toyota eCVT, if for some reason the 12V Battery goes discharged, it has to be just charged for some minutes and then try to restart engine, as  during starting of it the energy is given by HV Battery, 12V is needed only for ECUs and services.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Zotto said:

My only suggestion is to be careful about jump starters, they are NOT to be used with  Hybrid vehicles with Toyota eCVT, if for some reason the 12V battery goes discharged, it has to be just charged for some minutes and then try to restart engine, as  during starting of it the energy is given by HV battery, 12V is needed only for ECUs and services.

thanks for the valuable info. It does make sense now.

also, one long beep then just beep is heard every time Auto button is pushed. Then A/C, changing fan speed and  change heating direction work as normal. Im not sure if it was like this  before the Battery flattening incident happens. Previous owner told me he changed Condenser Radiator and topped up. No warning light appeared on the dashboard.

Might it be some error code stored in memory?    How to get rid of the annoying beep?

thank you again

If no warning red light appears on dash, nothing to be worried. About beep, if it did not happen before try to read if  there is any warning message  like lights on or boot not closed.

3 minutes ago, Zotto said:

If no warning light appears on dash, nothing to be worried. About beep, it it did not happen before try to read if  there is any warning message  like lights on or boot not closed.

not sure it happened before cos I owned this car only 3 days. But why only AC button make that beeping sound. As far as I know no other button causes this beep. Thinking it might be AC related, still not sure?

this beep happens no matter  Im driving or stopped with ignition on,

OK I will check any light is always ON position

thanks for your answer

DG 

Just checked lights and boots. No lights on and boots properly closed.

But I find out  not just pushing  the Auto button makes that beep, also pushing front wind screen defogger button makes that beep as well. Pushing rear window and mirror defogger button dont make that beep.

Ive checked it on different RX400H 2006 model car  and every time pushing  the buttons make a beep.  (not that looooong beep)

so wondering is there any menu (maybe hidden ) to set the beep when push the buttons?

Cheers

DG

• 2 weeks later...

I would say the best thing is to get it checked with techstream & a reset, lots of times after disconnecting 12v beeps happen as things re-register to their respective ECU's, as Zotto said if there are no warning messages displayed i am pretty sure there is nothing much to worry about - good luck!!

Richard

• Like 1

my ac buttons ( front demist, rear demist and mirrors, auto and off) all beep when pressed. Not sure about the recirc button as I only use it in summer and haven't had the car that long. (mine is a 57 plate)

Jump starting a hybrid can damage control systems according to lexus so i'd be wary of that car now if it was me but if no errors are showing you might have got away with it.