Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Isf for £38 k

Cake is always welcome, aren't there some places you can go where they put your car on a hoist remove the wheels and put your choice of aftermarket wheel on, less tyres as a trial fit, or is this to much faffing about ?

🐀

36 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Cake is always welcome, aren't there some places you can go where they put your car on a hoist remove the wheels and put your choice of aftermarket wheel on, less tyres as a trial fit, or is this to much faffing about ?

🐀

Good idea but I'm more likely to stick with oem after much research, unless I find a good quality aftermarket. Our cars are heavy and standard alloys are going to be prone to damage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, emjay82 said:

Good idea but I'm more likely to stick with oem after much research, unless I find a good quality aftermarket. Our cars are heavy and standard alloys are going to be prone to damage.

Wise decision the standard wheel is quality item, a lot of the after market ones appear nice but I'm not so sure about the longevity of them. Couple BM's I had suffered repeatedly with cracked wheels (19's) over hard run flat sidewalls, crappy design, and they were OEM.

Big Rat

• 2 weeks later...

Quite possibly he/she did, I for one if I was in the market for as newer one as possible would still probably go to a Lexus dealer, but ultimately as I've said before just wait for a GSF to drop below 40k.

🐀

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ronaldo said:

I wonder did the latest 2013 on the market, with 23,000 miles, base their price off this £38k vehicle? At £35k, it seems fairly overpriced for a private sale.

@ronaldo

This one would suit me fine give it a while bet you could get i from 40k 🤗

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703012801270?make=LEXUS&model=GS F

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Quite possibly he/she did, I for one if I was in the market for as newer one as possible would still probably go to a Lexus dealer, but ultimately as I've said before just wait for a GSF to drop below 40k.

🐀

Yeah, they're dropping fast and are a great upgrade path from the ISF. It's a pity the new £140 road tax after it reaches 5 years old isn't retrospective. 

In fairness, who are we to complain - in Ireland, the annual tax on any of these F models is €2,350 (£2,046).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronaldo said:

Yeah, they're dropping fast and are a great upgrade path from the ISF. It's a pity the new £140 road tax after it reaches 5 years old isn't retrospective. 

In fairness, who are we to complain - in Ireland, the annual tax on any of these F models is €2,350 (£2,046).

Oh that hurts still praying at the V8 alter was always going to have its cost, I just keep thinking of what happens at 3600 rpm and it makes takes all the pain away 😂

Big Rat

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neil E said:

Thanks for the heads up Neil, much appreciated, I actually won the bidding for the set off eBay the other week, following the nod from 🐀. They should be with me on Friday ready for the new summer tyres! 

• Like 2

Ah, that's good, didn't realize you were 'sorted.' The car appeared on another forum with a remark that the wheels don't suit the car so remembering your quest, I quickly switched channels. I bet the seller still has the original Soarer wheels and they would be better for that car.

Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes not. I once searched for over a year for some Lotus Carlton wheels. Oddly if I traded up to an ISF, the wheels would have to go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, ThebigC said:

If it's the mercury grey one it's because there is only 5 in the country 

I can't see it adds that much of a premium, it's unlikely you'll pass more than a handful of ISF on the road during ownership. If it was a more common car I think having a unique colour would have more value. Outside of the owners club meets, I would've never seen a black, red, grey or silver on the road. I must say, Nebula grey is lovely ☺ 

26 minutes ago, Defratos said:

Wait mine is actually Nebula Grey and not mercury grey. 

is there a difference? when I googled mercury grey my car came up lol 

There might just be some differences from region to region but I imagine it's the same colour. 

54 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

I can't see it adds that much of a premium, it's unlikely you'll pass more than a handful of ISF on the road during ownership. If it was a more common car I think having a unique colour would have more value. Outside of the owners club meets, I would've never seen a black, red, grey or silver on the road. I must say, Nebula grey is lovely ☺ 

Blue.................................adds loads of value...................

Very interesting watching the process, however how to ruin a car in one, fairly easy and I would imagine expensive lesson, not for me, no thanks..........