Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Isf for £38 k

Just been on auto trader and spotted a 13 plate for nearly £ 38 k . Surely you would buy a RCF for that sort of money . I myself have a  13 plate with 19 k on clock owned it for nearly two years , had 7 k on when brought it from Lexus London . I paid nothing like that , have they gone up in price or just asking silly money 

I think some dealers are attempting to cash in by making out that late model F's will be collecters items. I'm sure they will but not for a while and they'll depreciate a lot in the meantime. I doubt they'll sell at anywhere near those prices. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Warrington guy said:

Just been on auto trader and spotted a 13 plate for nearly £ 38 k . Surely you would buy a RCF for that sort of money . I myself have a  13 plate with 19 k on clock owned it for nearly two years , had 7 k on when brought it from Lexus London . I paid nothing like that , have they gone up in price or just asking silly money 

It will be interesting to see what happens with that car, prices do seem to be holding up well I think, obviously depreciation is still a factor for all of us but knowing what I paid for mine and looking what the dealers are asking now for the same car it would appear prices have held up well over the last 12 months or so. I do think if the car is looked after with good history they will prove to be a good investment in the not too distant future.

• Like 2

I know its not an LF but i found a low milage vxr8 2007 up for £17750 at a vauxhall dealer. Its been for sale for over 6 months so i rang them and asked if they would do a deal on a straight forward cash deal. They wouldn't knock a £5 off as it owed them to much money and had already been discounted. Some car dealers really should stop sniffing glue imo. Saying that the more i re search the Lf it just seems a better car. Tho i think the 6.0 ls2 does sound better (sorry but true) and the 3 seats in the back of the vxr8 would be better. But the build quality aint there and consumbles are extreamly expensive.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mark G said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with that car, prices do seem to be holding up well I think, obviously depreciation is still a factor for all of us but knowing what I paid for mine and looking what the dealers are asking now for the same car it would appear prices have held up well over the last 12 months or so. I do think if the car is looked after with good history they will prove to be a good investment in the not too distant future.

Yep should hold their prices being the sort of car that will never let you down :)

13 hours ago, Rusty Crobar said:

I think some dealers are attempting to cash in by making out that late model F's will be collecters items.

Let's hope the early ones become collectors items too! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

I see there is a 13 plate black one on AT for 33k done 22k.

🐀

That ones been up for sale before, assume it didn't sell last time around, same photos, filthy wheels for 33k!

18 minutes ago, Colin Herridge said:

yes ISF pirce are going up you can pay  £30+ for 12 or 13 plate   

I don't think it's that prices are going up - more that these particular ones are severely overpriced. As mentioned earlier, there's a big difference between asking price and selling price. 

I don't believe there's any point in the past that you'd have seen a 2009 on Auto Trader with 100,000 miles at £15,995 or a 2008 with 37,000 miles at £18,000.

If the IS-F was going up due to the perception of it becoming more of a collectible, they'd all be going up - not just the 2013 models.

look at this then https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/Lexus/IS-F  at £39k it will go for £35k  and http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/lexus/is-f   i was going to sale my 2012 isf 2 years a go and got offered £28k i for it and i said no way then the 2 month when i  got my new GSF and got offered £33k  for it got 42.000 miles  still keeping hold of this car 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ronaldo said:

I don't think it's that prices are going up - more that these particular ones are severely overpriced. As mentioned earlier, there's a big difference between asking price and selling price. 

I don't believe there's any point in the past that you'd have seen a 2009 on Auto Trader with 100,000 miles at £15,995 or a 2008 with 37,000 miles at £18,000.

If the IS-F was going up due to the perception of it becoming more of a collectible, they'd all be going up - not just the 2013 models.

Not too sure on that one, the latest models with the lowest mileage will be the ones people desire over older models with big miles, therefore I would expect to see the newer models start to command stronger money earlier. Only my opinion of course.

At the end of the month il have £15k to find an isf. Im in no rush to buy. From the cars listed in the classifieds they may still be out of my budget but they aint moving to fast. So i could put a cheeky offer in. If anyone knows a car pls let me know. Dont like the red or burgandy and my wife aint a fan of silver. ( i know shock horror). I may be unrealistic but you never know. 

They can go up in value after iv bought mine!. Tho iv never bought a car to make money. The isf is no exemption. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Colin Herridge said:

look at this then https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/Lexus/IS-F  at £39k it will go for £35k  and http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/lexus/is-f   i was going to sale my 2012 isf 2 years a go and got offered £28k i for it and i said no way then the 2 month when i  got my new GSF and got offered £33k  for it got 42.000 miles  still keeping hold of this car 

I suppose you never know but looking at asking prices of newly listed cars is pointless.

I imagine you're right that the dealer would accept an offer of £4k below asking for the 2013, i.e. £34k. The thing is - a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay and obviously nobody has made that £34k offer yet or it'd be gone.

I've seen forum posts talk of IS-F's dropping in asking price from £25995 to £21995 in the past before selling and who's to say that the same won't happen here?

The asking price for a 2015 RC-F now starts at £36,750 (and that one has been for sale for quite some time). I imagine you could knock a few thousand off that one. The asking price for a 2016 GS-F now starts at £47,250. These are going to continue to drop and I honestly can't see the gap in prices between these and an IS-F closing significantly. Only time will tell.

12 minutes ago, Dieselpete said:

At the end of the month il have £15k to find an isf. Im in no rush to buy. From the cars listed in the classifieds they may still be out of my budget but they aint moving to fast. So i could put a cheeky offer in. If anyone knows a car pls let me know. Dont like the red or burgandy and my wife aint a fan of silver. ( i know shock horror). I may be unrealistic but you never know. 

They can go up in value after iv bought mine!. Tho iv never bought a car to make money. The isf is no exemption. 

I think the burgundy one is sold - it's been removed from Auto Trader anyway - they probably just haven't updated all websites.

you right i think the ISF  will hold it price over the coming year there is  only 211 are on the road in the UK   there are only 152 RCF and 26 Carbon ones  and 40 GSF ....now RCF and GSF  are now only available factory order but  these cars falling in price dramatically.