Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which trim: Luxury, advance or F-Sport?

Slight confused here. The difference between Luxury and Advance appear to be the parking sensors? Or is there a difference in ride quality too? Then there's the F-Sport which looks stunning, but does it drive any faster ? I take it the ride quality will suffer in the F-Sport?

Thanks

FSport doesn't come with sat nav (UK anyway) but I thought it was bobbins anyway.

All trims in the IS300h have the same drive train. Also, FSport is a bit harder on the road unless you opt for the adaptive suspension.

I opted for the FSport and was a little anxious as I only took the standard Sport one on test drive but I needn't of worried as I'm loving every minute of driving even on our crappy British roads.

4 hours ago, chimneyfog said:

Slight confused here. The difference between Luxury and Advance appear to be the parking sensors? Or is there a difference in ride quality too? Then there's the F-Sport which looks stunning, but does it drive any faster ? I take it the ride quality will suffer in the F-Sport?

Thanks

Are you buying new or used? The spec levels vary between the pre-facelift and facelift model. 

The advance model has reversing camera only but has standard navigation - the Luxury has reversing camera, parking sensors but no nav

The F-Sport rides slightly worse but handles much better

The looks and the LFA inspired dash alone make the F-sport worth it IMO. Drive both a luxury and an F-Sport though, you'll need to accept a little less comfort and a little bit more road noise with the F-sport.

1 hour ago, chimneyfog said:

I'm buying the 2017 model new.

I tend to use phone for nav, so can sacrifice that. Is there any difference in handling/suspension or comfort in the Luxury model?

Thanks 

No difference in handling - both run on same sized wheels/tyres and same suspension.

8 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Doesn't the F-Sport have adaptive suspension?

Doesn't look like it

Just realised that an F-Sport with Metallic paint, premium nav and leather would be £40,100! £500 a year for 5 years for the sake of £100 :wallbash:(Unless you get one before April ofc)

The IS300H F-Sport can be specified with adaptive suspension and the IS200T F-Sport comes with adaptive suspension as standard.

"the IS 300h F SPORT carries the spirit of these amazing cars. Exclusively designed and dynamically enhanced, this car can be specified with the 'Premier Pack' that includes Adaptive Variable Suspension for exceptionally engaging performance."

" Experience an exhilarating performance thanks to adaptive variable suspension and racetrack-turned steering. The new  IS 200t F SPORT  is bolder than ever before, with an exclusive dark F-mesh grille and 18-inch alloys. And the look continues inside, with ‘Dark Rose’ leather sports seats, a perforated leather steering wheel and drilled aluminium pedals reflecting the car’s motorsport design heritage."

8 hours ago, AlanS said:

AVS is only available on the IS300H in F-Sport/premier pack as per the brochure.

IMG_5680.JPG

Yep they've changed it on the facelift. Previously you could spec AVS separately but only in conjunction with Premium Nav. Mine has it it makes a slight difference to ride, bringing a step back in softness in eCO/normal and a firming up in Sport+ 

It is a real unicorn option though not many about.

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:22 PM, rayaans said:

No difference in handling - both run on same sized wheels/tyres and same suspension.

The Luxury spec run on 17" rims, there is a big difference in ride and handling. (you might be thinking of the Premier)

You will also find the fuel consumption is greater on the 18" rims of the F-Sport.

55 minutes ago, LeeG said:

The Luxury spec run on 17" rims, there is a big difference in ride and handling. (you might be thinking of the Premier)

You will also find the fuel consumption is greater on the 18" rims of the F-Sport.

OP was referring to the Luxury and Advance models which both have 17" wheels and therefore no difference in ride or handling.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links