Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2001 RX300 (UK) series 1 Sat Nav unit part number required.

Hi All
I need some help please , I have just purchased a 2001 RX300 (UK) series 1, it has a Sat Nav display but no unit in the boot , it does have the connectors does anyone know which unit I need to make the system work ? ---- Would this unit work toyota 86841-20010 ? , does anyone know which part number will work ?,  thanks in advance for any help , I've attached a photo of the screen & some of the connectors in the boot next to the jack.

20170226_082204.jpg

20170226_102423.jpg

20170226_102433.jpg

Buy a TomTom/Garmin or other satnav and forget about the factory installed one.

No, I'm not being facetious, it truly is the best option. You won't be able to get 2016 or 2017 maps, even if you get the unit. I've got a 2005 RX300 and I'm sure I remember reading that the latest maps I could get would be dated 2011 and there's been a LOT of road changes since then. Also, because these units are DVD-based, you cannot add in your own POIs. A great example of this is that our car runs on LPG, so I have the TomTom programmed with every LPG filling station in the country as POIs. If I'm running low, I just tell the TomTom to navigate to the nearest LPG station and off we go - you couldn't do that with the factory-fitted DVD unit because you can't add your own POIs.

On cars as old as ours the factory-fitted DVD-based units are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sorcerer said:

Buy a TomTom/Garmin or other satnav and forget about the factory installed one.

No, I'm not being facetious, it truly is the best option. You won't be able to get 2016 or 2017 maps, even if you get the unit. I've got a 2005 RX300 and I'm sure I remember reading that the latest maps I could get would be dated 2011 and there's been a LOT of road changes since then. Also, because these units are DVD-based, you cannot add in your own POIs. A great example of this is that our car runs on LPG, so I have the TomTom programmed with every LPG filling station in the country as POIs. If I'm running low, I just tell the TomTom to navigate to the nearest LPG station and off we go - you couldn't do that with the factory-fitted DVD unit because you can't add your own POIs.

On cars as old as ours the factory-fitted DVD-based units are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

Or even CoPilot on a phone works really well... and includes, 'Safety Cameras'. 

Yep, your looking in the right place, the unit should fit in the RH side of the boot space when looking in. I don't know though if a different harness was used depending on whether or not Nav was installed

1 minute ago, steve2006 said:

Correct part number should be 86841-48040 Navigation Computer...... want to know the price new from Lexus? Are you sitting down?

£5700.00 not including the mounting brackets!

What Model Year is this part number for?