Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New RX , 1st March handover

It's nearly time to pick up my RX Premier on March 1st🤗. One thing I forgot to ask the dealer was regarding tyres. What tyres do Lexus fit on the Premier and what goes on the F sport? Reason being that the US spec RX gets the Michelin premier LTX tyres, but we don't get them here. Is this correct?

• Like 1

I had Dunlops on my F Sport, I once asked my dealer and he said that the tyres come fitted on  the daily production run I.e Dunlops on one day and  Bridgestone on the next thus I guess Lexus views both as having equal performance characteristics 

1 hour ago, Bodmeister said:

Yes, got Dunlops on mine as well. Apparently, there isn't much difference between the two. Apart from the bloody Nav, Im loving it.

Whats wrong with the nav?

19 hours ago, Bodmeister said:

How do I get rid of the this menu EVERY TIME I start the car. I just want the map and not the menu.

IMG_5731.JPG

I would presume you can have a temporary fix by moving the map to the small screen and having something else appear on the larger screen. Then when you click on the larger screen, you can use the nav and it'll pop up with that?

Tried it. Reverts back  to the above pic after a few seconds. 

The NX used to do it but, I can't remember what I did to get rid of it 😡.

Apart from that I love it. The suspension is just peachy and the 3.5 V6 makes a rather pleasant burbling sound. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bodmeister said:

Tried it. Reverts back  to the above pic after a few seconds. 

The NX used to do it but, I can't remember what I did to get rid of it 😡.

Apart from that I love it. The suspension is just peachy and the 3.5 V6 makes a rather pleasant burbling sound. 

Could it be the auto screen change?

When I said moving the nav before, I meant customising the layout like on the NX. It might work?

Ah yes, forgot about that. I'll give it a try later and see what happens.

Are you planning on purchasing a new RX? Chap at Leeds told me a lot of potential new buyers are being put off by the new VED rules. £450 from the second year onwards can buy a hell of a lot of petrol. 

3 hours ago, Bodmeister said:

Ah yes, forgot about that. I'll give it a try later and see what happens.

Are you planning on purchasing a new RX? Chap at Leeds told me a lot of potential new buyers are being put off by the new VED rules. £450 from the second year onwards can buy a hell of a lot of petrol. 

Did get put off by the £450 yes. 

Im looking at an ex-demo or a used one now with about 10k miles on - most likely going to change in November 2017 when my car turns 5 years old. 

Also got told a facelift NX is on the way and there'll be some spec changes - might just grab a new 200t if they stick the Premier Pack on and it looks OK. 

Driving the RX around here is almost becoming a pain - gets frustrating going down narrow streets on home visits.

On a side note - the manual also says something about "pop up buttons" under setup>nav. Don't know whether this would work?

Re the facelifted NX, do you know whether it will get the new gen 2.5 engine with li-on battery pack? Apparently it's got 20% more power and will use the multi stage transmission. 

Luckily for me the total discount for the RX( inc deposit contribution) equated to £6880. This comfortably blew Broadspeed and even Carwow clean away. So it was too good to turn down plus they gave me a fair price for my NX.

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Did get put off by the £450 yes. 

Im looking at an ex-demo or a used one now with about 10k miles on - most likely going to change in November 2017 when my car turns 5 years old. 

Also got told a facelift NX is on the way and there'll be some spec changes - might just grab a new 200t if they stick the Premier Pack on and it looks OK. 

Driving the RX around here is almost becoming a pain - gets frustrating going down narrow streets on home visits.

On a side note - the manual also says something about "pop up buttons" under setup>nav. Don't know whether this would work?

Rayaans, please don't go from the RX into the NX, I did the same thing last March and I regretted it almost after immediately, despite doing a test drive before hand. For all the NX great attributes it felt very clustraphobic size wise for my family, especially having a family of five to lug around sometimes. The NX driving dynamics can never compete with the RX. I had the NX F sport and also currently drive the RX F sport,  I won't be able to completely highlight the differences on this thread, perhaps another time, but my advice is that you stick with the RX when you eventually go for a change.

14 minutes ago, Fatts said:

Rayaans, please don't go from the RX into the NX, I did the same thing last March and I regretted it almost after immediately, despite doing a test drive before hand. For all the NX great attributes it felt very clustraphobic size wise for my family, especially having a family of five to lug around sometimes. The NX driving dynamics can never compete with the RX. I had the NX F sport and also currently drive the RX F sport,  I won't be able to completely highlight the differences on this thread, perhaps another time, but my advice is that you stick with the RX when you eventually go for a change.

Yes I'll be going on an extended test drive. The interior space isn't too much of an issue as its only me in the car most of the time. 

The only thing is going from a V6 to a 4 cylinder for me but the 200t has plenty of poke IMO from IS200T test drive.

55 minutes ago, Bodmeister said:

Re the facelifted NX, do you know whether it will get the new gen 2.5 engine with li-on battery pack? Apparently it's got 20% more power and will use the multi stage transmission. 

Luckily for me the total discount for the RX( inc deposit contribution) equated to £6880. This comfortably blew Broadspeed and even Carwow clean away. So it was too good to turn down plus they gave me a fair price for my NX.

The discount is similiar from Lexus Stoke and they're doing 0% but only until end of march. The car + spec I want isn't available though - was thinking azure blue with white leather 😂. They do have a demo in stock though but it misses out on 0%

The only problem I see is RX Price. Ballpark figure seems 17k!! 

No, and I think it can't be done. I have turned screen autochange to off . If I leave the left side on Nav the destination menu still pops up every time I start the car. So on the  left screen I have the radio on all the time with the map on the smaller right screen. If I want to switch to ipod music , I use the mode button on the steering wheel to change source. Most days I know where I am going anyway so it's not a big deal.

Amit

If when the safety screen is displayed you press the map button, it will open without the menu. not a fix but better than fiddling with the mouse.

D

2 hours ago, Dixgas said:

Amit

If when the safety screen is displayed you press the map button, it will open without the menu. not a fix but better than fiddling with the mouse.

D

Interesting - do you have to do this every time?

I can see it getting annoying but I guess Ill probably leave the map on the smaller screen instead. With my RX it's fine as both small screens are the same size and no pop ups unless I click on the map itself.

Rayaan

Yes every time, really annoying, I have the 12in screen and normally have the map on the larger of the split screen and what the engine/battery is doing on the smaller, I will try your idea with the map on the small segment.

D