Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1999 LS400 MkIV: ebay key fob recommendations

Hi,

Purchased the above car over the weekend. It has one three button master key set. I want to program a spare. As I understand it from posts researched on here, the chip needs to be a Denso chip. Can anyone recommend an eBay seller that that has provided a chip set that has worked?

Thank you.

I done mine many years ago - I read one way to get the correct one is to make sure the unlock button has a triangle on it - also have a look on your current chip to ensure the part numbers match up - hope this helps

Like Mark, I've also done one.  The main thing is to get an identical used one, every marking has to be the same.  I bought mine on eBay for £25 and a new blank which I had cut. Worked a treat. Don't get one from the US as it won't work.  Contact someone breaking and ask if they have a key, or just keep checking under keys.

Thanks, all. I have all of the instructions gathered, including the PDF of the TSB for the revised remote opening from 10 April 1998 (when the fob and key were incorporated into one unit.) So, it seems that there are three processes:

1. Key cutting.

2. Key/transponder programming.

3. Key/remote opening programming.

Phew! The helpful Lexus dealer, although charging an arm and a leg, is looking like a plan.

50 minutes ago, Newbie1 said:

Thanks, all. I have all of the instructions gathered, including the PDF of the TSB for the revised remote opening from 10 April 1998 (when the fob and key were incorporated into one unit.) So, it seems that there are three processes:

1. Key cutting.

2. Key/transponder programming.

3. Key/remote opening programming.

Phew! The helpful Lexus dealer, although charging an arm and a leg, is looking like a plan.

How much are Lexus charging for a new key if you don't mind me asking?

First you need to source an old key from a breakers.

image.jpeg

This is the internal transponder from my MkIV. Ensure yours has the triangle detent (they differ).

Buy a Lexus blank from eBay. Mine cost ~£30 a few years ago. There are 2 types, short and long, both work ok if your cobbler aligns the tip correctly lengthwise in the key grinder. They normally want you to agree a disclaimer.

image.jpeg

Pop the transponder in, it's a click shut with one tiny Philips screw.....

Now the pedal dance, Door open, Door close, lock, unlock, brake pedal etc etc.... I've uploaded it a few times here already!

Total cost say £35 plus the breakers old key fob. Simples.

Thanks. Hard bit is getting the old key from a breaker. The ones I've seen have all been rehoused and just been burnt buying one that allegedly came from a Mk4 but would not code at all. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links