Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I don't know how old the photo is, I just found it online.  I suppose it can't be that old though as they generally get looked after until things really start to go wrong and cost loads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc said:

the personalised plate doesn't seem to relate to a current Lexus car  ............ just done a DVLA MOT check

Malc

✗ Untaxed

Tax due: 01 June 2007

Vehicle details

• Vehicle make LEXUS
  • Date of first registration April 1993
  • Year of manufacture 1993
  • Cylinder capacity (cc) 3969 cc
  • CO₂Emissions Not available
  • Fuel type PETROL
  • Export marker No
  • Vehicle status Not taxed
  • Vehicle colour SILVER
  • Vehicle type approval Not available
  • Wheelplan 2 AXLE RIGID BODY
  • Like 5

On 28/02/2017 at 3:10 PM, ISJason said:

Yes, looks like it's been there years.. would make a great restoration job for someone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll pass on that one.

Rear Window smashed by Hooli's the interior will be awful.  How expensive to replace a rear window?

As someone says, possibly owner passed away.  Certainly can't get another Car out of the Garage nor any evidence that it has been attempted.  Engine only valueable part as project, assuming not wrecked.

1 hour ago, floggit said:

Another good one is askmid for insurance...

https://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

I was mortified when I got a letter from them at the end of November to say my Volvo wasn't insured.  We changed our email address and didn't think about my insurance renewal coming via email, 3 months I drove without insurance, including a trip to Cornwall!!

• Like 1

Doing insurance on-line - a bit too rushed - I added the wrong car. Everything was correct except I chose a different model - informed I was uninsured!

Who knows what would have happened if I had had a serious accident!

2 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Doing insurance on-line - a bit too rushed - I added the wrong car. Everything was correct except I chose a different model - informed I was uninsured!

Who knows what would have happened if I had had a serious accident!

I ask myself the same question, what if I had an accident, or worse, I injured someone?  I don't think a court would accept changing email addresses as mitigating circumstances!

Doesn't beat my twelve years without a driving licence - courtesy of DVLA when I informed them of my Brothers death in a road accident and submitted his Driving licence for cancellation - unbeknown to me they cancelled my Driving licence!  See DVLA do a check - thread..

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Doesn't beat my twelve years without a driving licence - courtesy of DVLA when I informed them of my Brothers death in a road accident and submitted his Driving licence for cancellation - unbeknown to me they cancelled my Driving licence!  See DVLA do a check - thread..

Wow, that must have been hard.

I only found out when I went to hire a Van in 2015 to help move my Sons property.

Must have hired at least fifty Cars in France during that time and very fortunately I didn't have any accidents or I'd have been slung into Jail if they'd done a DVLA check..

Also it took weeks and weeks to sort out and only with my MP's intervention did it finally get resolved and they recognised their mistake. Kept me off the road during the time and no recompense offered.

1 hour ago, runsgrateasanut said:

I only found out when I went to hire a Van in 2015 to help move my Sons property.

Must have hired at least fifty Cars in France during that time and very fortunately I didn't have any accidents or I'd have been slung into Jail if they'd done a DVLA check..

Also it took weeks and weeks to sort out and only with my MP's intervention did it finally get resolved and they recognised their mistake. Kept me off the road during the time and no recompense offered.

Its amazing if you make an innocent mistake they send you a Penalty Charge and that departments runs absolutely perfect. One penalty for us no penalty for them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Sorry! When you are reading you do not always pick-up the tone or meaning!

My fault, I should have said it better.

20 hours ago, Bluesman said:

Its amazing if you make an innocent mistake they send you a Penalty Charge and that departments runs absolutely perfect. One penalty for us no penalty for them.

These days Fines by HM Gov't and Councils are seen as a revenue stream  I filed a set of a Accounts online for a Dormant Company I've owned for over thirty years, back in December within the time limit, and I printed out a copy of them.  I got a reminder to file them last month with a notice of a £150 fine for late filing.  I checked online and the update was seen but maybe (and this I can't be absolutely certain of) after printing them I didn't press the "submit"  button.  Easily overlooked when you are pressed to copy them or distracted.

I lost all my emails just before Christmas by some error on my part with changing Computers so couldn't check if I had received an acknowledgment of submission.  I appealed, sending them a copy of the Accounts which showed the HMRC date of submitting and other stuff at the bottom of the page. Also pointed out the Company was a £2 share capital/Net worth dormant company but that I'd paid £400 in Annual Returns since it was registered.  Would they budge on the issue?  No!  So I have paid £10 to have the Company dissolved as I won't add to their coffers by extortion.