Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The whine i'd been experiencing since purchase of my 98 LS400 was checked out by Japex today, turns out its the AC compressor bearing.  I've only spoken to reception there, so don't have the full picture, however she mentioned it was the 'internal bearing' on the compressor.

Will speak to them in the morning, however has anyone got any sources for a new compressor ? So far, I've captured the following:

Rock auto - DENSO 4711220 (new) - circa £360 delivered  http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/lexus,1998,ls400,4.0l+v8,1316123,heat+&+air+conditioning,a/c+compressor,6628

autodock.co.uk  -  anyone tried the cheapest one here for £240 (new)  - https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/compressor-parts-10454/lexus/ls/ls-ucf20/9564-400

UK option? listed as Soarer, will it fit?  (rebuilt)   http://automotivecompressor.co.uk/epages/eshop931745.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eshop931745/Categories/Lexus  

Unsure about the 2nd hand route, could be a false economy ?

If the car is a 'keeper' I'd go with the Denso being they are the OE maker and you're guaranteed it's correct and it's quality. You'll want a receiver dryer with that as no manufacturer will give you a guarantee without replacing it. I think the price with Rockauto should be nearer to £300 (receiver dryer included) as I believe the taxes and import duty is included in the price.

5 hours ago, shanra said:

If the car is a 'keeper' I'd go with the Denso being they are the OE maker and you're guaranteed it's correct and it's quality. You'll want a receiver dryer with that as no manufacturer will give you a guarantee without replacing it. I think the price with Rockauto should be nearer to £300 (receiver dryer included) as I believe the taxes and import duty is included in the price.

Seconded!

Thanks - the £360 price I quoted for Rock auto includes postage at £60 ish. So £120 more than the cheapest option. I'll speak to Japex today to see what options they offer.

I did get one from a breakers for my LS400 which I paid £75 for and it was fine, I agree though that if it's a keeper it's worth getting one with a warranty.

Shirish I'd take another look at your quote from Rockauto because if I go to your link I'm getting a quote of £295.20 with Priority mail express.

Decent price for a Denso. Rock auto are great to deal with from experience. If they existed in the UK their service would mean they would wipe the floor with most suppliers here.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2017 at 10:19 AM, shanra said:

Shirish I'd take another look at your quote from Rockauto because if I go to your link I'm getting a quote of £295.20 with Priority mail express.

this is what i'm seeing on Rockauto:

223 for compressor

60 for shipping

56 for import duty

(now removed an aircon flush canister)

rockauto.JPG