Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Window Rattle

Hi folks,

Anyone else noticed their drivers door window rattling going over bumps when its opened by about an inch or so? 

Mine sounds like its rocking on its mounts but is fine when you open it further so its going to get looked at next week while in for a service.

Also getting them to disable the auto locks when you pull away. Theyre annoying me but more so the drivers rear door wont auto unlock. Probably just a software setting but its getting disabled.

Mike

Silicone rub or spray on the rubbers, Stops the glass 'gripping 'when the window is partially open this is the best used by aircraft industry and f1 😏

Big Rat

IMG_2463.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

Silicone rub or spray on the rubbers, Stops the glass 'gripping 'when the window is partially open this is the best used by aircraft industry and f1 😏

Big Rat

IMG_2463.JPG

This....

Mine does it if the window is wet and closed or I drop it down a bit.

Cool, i have some silicon spray in the garage i can quiten it down with. On mine you can literally rock the glass front to back then it tightens up when the windows lowered further. 

Had a similar problem on an MR2 once and i had to replace the lifter plastic guide roller. I'd be surprised if its the same on the isf.

3 minutes ago, mike m said:

Cool, i have some silicon spray in the garage i can quiten it down with. On mine you can literally rock the glass front to back then it tightens up when the windows lowered further. 

Had a similar problem on an MR2 once and i had to replace the lifter plastic guide roller. I'd be surprised if its the same on the isf.

Ah right matey sounds like it may need a little further investigation, time to get the spanners out 😂

🐀

Hi, no noise on mine. You should be able to disable and alter The doors parameters bY following the instruction manual. It's in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, mike m said:

Aye its still under warranty so i'll let the experts break the clips on the door card lol

Yep leave it to the experts cough............. cough................🐀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dar said:

the rear not automatically unlocking might be the child safety lock on the side panel of each door??

Yes, I think that was how mine was set up originally.

2 hours ago, Dar said:

the rear not automatically unlocking might be the child safety lock on the side panel of each door??

Tried that but both doors have the safety lock disabled. It must be software because the door locks all work fine just chooses not to unlock the rear drivers.  It'll be one of those custom settings no doubt.

5 hours ago, ISJason said:

Hi, no noise on mine. You should be able to disable and alter The doors parameters bY following the instruction manual. It's in there

Gave it a go today, turn the ignition on then hold the lock, unlock button for five secs with the car in Park or Neutral. I'll need to try again with the car in Neutral.

Just to clarify , all the doors lock / unlock no problems with the keyfob / buttons etc , the problem is when you drive away the doors auto lock and when you stop all of them unlock except the rear drivers.

14 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

That's not necessarily a good thing!

I dunno about that Bernie the poison dwarf has been rubbing and lubricating the sport for many a year seems to have done quite well out of it 😂

🐀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

I dunno about that Bernie the poison dwarf has been rubbing and lubricating the sport for many a year seems to have done quite well out of it 😂

🐀

True. But the things you see inside F1!

13 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

True. But the things you see inside F1!

No surprises in stall like any business bigger the business bigger the dishonesty after all that's business 😂

🐀

So the car window got a right good looking at today and one of the window seals has wear and tear £115 for the part. At least nothing is wrong with the lifter mechanism. They also quoted £985 for front discs and pads due to corrosion lol. Euro car parts are selling brembo for 300 before any discounts so i'll be getting them at some point.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links