Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New member on the hunt

Good evening all, been lurking on here for a while now reading lots of info from yourselves regarding the ISF, made the decision last year I was going to have one and now finally in a position to look seriously. I've viewed a couple last year and found that I don't fit in any with a sunroof being 6'4". Going to try and be patient and wait for the right one to come up, unfortunately I was just too late selling my Impreza to look at gib's car. Had lots of different cars and bikes in my time but never a V8.

I had seriously looked into the amg merc route or the BMW m cars but they all seemed rather fragile.  My decision was made when I enquired with Mercedes what the cost would be to warrent an E63 for a year. When I got up off the floor my mind was made up! 

All the best, Matt

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Matey, as always the hunt is part of the fun, good luck with the search you will not regret it.

Plenty of knowledge and help on here and it's probably fair to say that some one on here will have the answer of questions you may have.

Big Rat

1 hour ago, Mattmech said:

Good evening all, been lurking on here for a while now reading lots of info from yourselves regarding the ISF, made the decision last year I was going to have one and now finally in a position to look seriously. I've viewed a couple last year and found that I don't fit in any with a sunroof being 6'4". Going to try and be patient and wait for the right one to come up, unfortunately I was just too late selling my Impreza to look at gib's car. Had lots of different cars and bikes in my time but never a V8.

I had seriously looked into the amg merc route or the BMW m cars but they all seemed rather fragile.  My decision was made when I enquired with Mercedes what the cost would be to warrent an E63 for a year. When I got up off the floor my mind was made up! 

All the best, Matt

Welcome!

Take your time. There might not be many F's on the market at any given moment, but they do take a while to sell as few people know about them!

If buying from a dealer, try and get as many years warranty out of them as possible. I got 3 when I purchased mine :)

All the best, Matt

Hi Matt, 

I'm 6'1 and my ISF is without the sunroof, you're definitely right to wait. I used to have an IS250 with the sunroof and I was brushing the roof in certain seat configurations. Good luck with the search, they're worth the wait. 

Mark

Welcome to the madhouse. Mine should be up for sale by Evans Halshaw soon. At least that's what I was told. It's been a week without it and I'm still depressed. 

With the X in the bodyshop I'm having to drive my trusty shed car and it's just not the same 

3B109CDA-9946-4A4E-8076-DDCC05631C9C_zps

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GibletPH said:

Welcome to the madhouse. Mine should be up for sale by Evans Halshaw soon. At least that's what I was told. It's been a week without it and I'm still depressed. 

With the X in the bodyshop I'm having to drive my trusty shed car and it's just not the same 

3B109CDA-9946-4A4E-8076-DDCC05631C9C_zps

Wow, that thing looks immaculate!lol.  Look at those solid arches.  Ha.

Im 6'3" and hav no issues with head room clearance and have a sunroof.....im all legs mind you

1 hour ago, Jgtcracer said:

Wow, that thing looks immaculate!lol.  Look at those solid arches.  Ha.

Im 6'3" and hav no issues with head room clearance and have a sunroof.....im all legs mind you

The drivers side isn't as immaculate as the previous owner was an elderly chap but still, only 28k miles from new! 

My lanky mates had no issues with the ISF. Tallest one is 6'4"

Yep, I'm 5ft 8 and it seems that the isf was designed for me. Rear of seat as low as it goes and front up a notch, I don't have the seat anywhere near as far back as it would go but I'm still level with the "B" pillar hiding behind it where I feel safe. Lol

How you humans over 6ft fit in I don't know. Lol

36 minutes ago, Mark6pot said:

Yep, I'm 5ft 8 and it seems that the isf was designed for me. Rear of seat as low as it goes and front up a notch, I don't have the seat anywhere near as far back as it would go but I'm still level with the "B" pillar hiding behind it where I feel safe. Lol

How you humans over 6ft fit in I don't know. Lol

When I'm driving then having passengers behind me is a real issue but I've got a 4yr old and expect a new one in jun so not bothered.

Kids legs bend and stuff anyway so I'm willing to let them suffer for my enjoyment!!!ha

• Like 1

Great to hear of another potential owner, pick the right car, and I am sure you know what you are doing and you wont regret it, seriously, unbelievable reliability, fantastic performance and a great owners club, apart from the odd few.......................

• Like 1

quick update, I've placed a deposit on GibletPH's car!!  Evans halshaw were less than helpful to start with but hopefully we are getting somewhere. Catching the train up to Leeds on Saturday with my son and hopefully bringing it home.  Getting more than a little excited now.

must say a massive thank you to Gib, giving up his time to text and talk to me about his car. Given me a massive confidence boost that the car is more than worth the trip up.  Looking forward to hearing that exhaust!

ill keep this post updated as we go, Matt 

• Like 3

New member here too. Have been on the lookout for a while but nothing has grabbed me yet. I second your comment about Evans Halshaw's uselessness. I have been trying to sort out a test drive of Gib's car for the last 10 days but they never call you back. Good luck Matt, hope it goes well - the search continues for me.....

1 hour ago, Dave400SE said:

New member here too. Have been on the lookout for a while but nothing has grabbed me yet. I second your comment about Evans Halshaw's uselessness. I have been trying to sort out a test drive of Gib's car for the last 10 days but they never call you back. Good luck Matt, hope it goes well - the search continues for me.....

Thanks Dave, hopefully it will all go without a hitch. 

I think you've got a bargain there

if I had the cash I wouldn't have thought twice about that car

quick update, I've placed a deposit on GibletPH's car!!  Evans halshaw were less than helpful to start with but hopefully we are getting somewhere. Catching the train up to Leeds on Saturday with my son and hopefully bringing it home.  Getting more than a little excited now.

must say a massive thank you to Gib, giving up his time to text and talk to me about his car. Given me a massive confidence boost that the car is more than worth the trip up.  Looking forward to hearing that exhaust!

No worries Matt, I'm glad that the car is staying within the club. I loved it and I'm already regretting selling it. In hindsight I should have held off selling it for a few weeks and saved you the hassle of dealing with Evans Halshaw.

Hope it all goes well on Saturday, drop me a text with your travel plans. I live fairly close to the dealership so can meet you at the nearby Shell to give you the remote for the exhaust (depending on timings). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattmech said:

Well done, you won't be disappointed, not jealous about the exhaust........ much 😂

Big Rat