Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2004 GS430 Interior swap into 1997 GS300

Gentlemen I need your help please, I have swap my old 1997 GS 300 interior for a newer GS 430 2004 interior I kept my old seat belts so had to changed the seat belt buckles, it was going well until I changed the passenger seat over and discovered that there was no blue connector for the side air bag on the loom on the GS 430 seat as it just runs into the main loom of the seat, has anybody else come across this problem before, or is just a matter of cutting the loom on the 430 seat and joining it up with the original blue box connector, by the way the 430 has three wires on it and the 300 has only two, any help would really be appreciated as I now have a airbag warning light flashing at me. Thank you very much  

Hi Tiger and reason for doing the swap was it was tired and old and cracked and peeling, and the offer of a 2004 interior at a very good price was to much to resist And just to let you all know that the blue connector under your seat on a 1998 GS 300 is the passenger seat belt warning light, your side airbag is the yellow connector under your seat, mine had a broken wire that is what triggered the air bag warning light a quick bit of soldering sorted it all out, just got to sort out the wiring for the passenger seat belt warning  light as there is no blue connection box on the later GS 430 seats. So if you ever do swap you interiors make sure you take the seat belts as well its a very easy swap to do.

• Like 1

I've swapped cloth to leather interiors of the same model and generation.

But going across generations is more likely to throw up the odd issue that needs some ingenuity to resolve. Well done sorting it out tho.

Thanks Lee, if I would have taken the seat belts  I don't think there would have been any problems at all and just for others the GS430 seat also have two locating spikes on the front of the seat, my answer to that was just to cut them off with a grinder as I didn't fancy drilling the location holes for the spikes to fit.