• Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!
      Save Up To 15% On Your Lexus Insurance!
    • 1000's of Lexus For Sale
      1000's of Lexus For Sale
    • Massive Choice on Lexus Parts
      Massive Choice on Lexus Parts
    • Get Your Club Gear
      Get Your Club Gear
    • Join Gold & Save!
      Join Gold & Save!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Fireblade1

sport mode gs450

31 posts in this topic

I did that day :yes:, but normally 30 is good, can get to 33 or 35 on a steady flowing run.

I used to venture your way a bit to, went to uni in Glamorgan and used to blast the motorbikes your way on weekends, some lovely roads.

Once did a cycling training course at Hereford for some army lads, was a blinder, especially the night in bushwackers, but I'm going back a fair bit lol. 

Having read the earlier parts of this thread, I have spent the past week (around 700 miles) driving in PWR mode. Presumably, it uses the battery a bit more when accelerating. The upshot is that I am getting 2-3 mpg more than I was used to on the same runs.

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, Mike Hartland said:

Having read the earlier parts of this thread, I have spent the past week (around 700 miles) driving in PWR mode. Presumably, it uses the battery a bit more when accelerating. The upshot is that I am getting 2-3 mpg more than I was used to on the same runs.

Interesting, doesn't the manual say PWR is primarily for mountainous roads?

Have you tried a comparison with the Sport mode too?

1 person likes this

Wonder if the principle of getting to speed faster, using more fuel, versus more time off the gas using less fuel.

Either that or as it a bit warmer, tires bit harder and thus less rolling resistance, or wind speed lol

Need someone with access to track or test ground to do some controlled testing.

1 person likes this

Having had a Prius, and belonging to the Prius forum it was proved long ago that accelerating briskly up to speed, and then easing off got better MPG than gently gathering speed over a longer distance. It is quite possible this principle also applies to the GS450H.

John. 

1 person likes this

I concur John, thus must blast off at every opportunity...... I'm protecting the environment offer! :yes:

1 person likes this