Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driving along and the car behind me was a silver LS430, I've never seen another in Worthing, and rarely in West Sussex. So it means that won't happen again for another 10 years, unless of course they suddenly become like London buses!!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

If he didn`t flash or waive, or acknowledge you in some other way Phil, then it was a Mirage !

Regards

Johnn

Haha, no he didn't wave, it was all very fleeting, I turned off almost as soon as he appeared! I do keep seeing a nice late silver X reg MK4 locally though.

• Like 1

If you want to be waved at, buy a motor home, they even wave across six lanes of motorway!

MGBs used to wave at each other too, which I used to find a bit embarrassing, if I'm honest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyv said:

If you want to be waved at, buy a motor home, they even wave across six lanes of motorway!

MGBs used to wave at each other too, which I used to find a bit embarrassing, if I'm honest.

It was the same in my motorcycle days back in the 70's, always a wave from other bikers, well I think it was a wave...

I flashed my lights at another Ls400 in Edenbridge the other day, the owner looked astonished ............. but smiled .......  bet she thought she had the last Ls400 in Kent !

Malc

I was out in Kent yesterday and thought by chance I might see another LS (of any description) but it was not to be. I will certainly give a way to a fellow Lexhead!

I have made a mistake buying the car. My wife will no longer accept a car of lesser comfort, meaning my Soarer is sitting idle,...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

And we Beetle owners acknowledged each other and the AA man on his motor cycle was the gentleman personified !

Regards

John

I remember the AA and the RAC man on their motorbikes ( and sidecars ? )  saluting Members ....  that was in the Lake District in the early '60s though  .....  and they had their own specific " boxes " to which Members had a key if I remember  ..........  OMG  I'm really old  :blink:

Has it changed ? :wink3:

Malc

• Like 1

Yes, my Dad had a key to the AA box. Probably worth something now, but all the boxes have gone I believe. Will not be long before all the BT telephone boxes will be gone as well. Dr. Who's Tardis will still be here!

• Like 1

Saw a blue LS400 this afternoon, crossing seaside road in Eastbourne, mrs V was driving ours, I was behind in my campervan, returning from an mot (don't ask!).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mikeyv said:

Saw a blue LS400 this afternoon, crossing seaside road in Eastbourne, mrs V was driving ours, I was behind in my campervan, returning from an mot (don't ask!).

I've seen the blue LS a few times in town MikeyV. Also saw a silver one yesterday near Lidl on trade plates.

2 minutes ago, thatfatbloke said:

I've seen the blue LS a few times in town MikeyV. Also saw a silver one yesterday near Lidl on trade plates.

Think we must live in an LS hotspot John, also see an awful lot of RXs around.

By the way, you recommended Justmot to me a couple of years ago, and very good they were too, but the gaffer was talking about getting a better offer when I got LS tested a year ago, and, sorry to say, they have gone now, replaced by a "family firm", so went elsewhere this year.

• Like 1

Saw a 

6 minutes ago, mikeyv said:

Think we must live in an LS hotspot John, also see an awful lot of RXs around.

By the way, you recommended Justmot to me a couple of years ago, and very good they were too, but the gaffer was talking about getting a better offer when I got LS tested a year ago, and, sorry to say, they have gone now, replaced by a "family firm", so went elsewhere this year.

Have you seen the 'American Army' green LS around town that looks as though it was entered into a Gumball Rally type of event?. Normally parked around Pevensey Road/Langney Road/Bourne Street area. Last saw it a couple of weeks ago and it looked as though it had taken quite a severe bashing unfortunately. Never had a means of taking a picture of it whenever I saw it. I'm at a loose end tomorrow so may prowl the streets with my Box Brownie and see if I can track it down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thatfatbloke said:

Saw a 

Have you seen the 'American Army' green LS around town that looks as though it was entered into a Gumball Rally type of event?. Normally parked around Pevensey Road/Langney Road/Bourne Street area. Last saw it a couple of weeks ago and it looked as though it had taken quite a severe bashing unfortunately. Never had a means of taking a picture of it whenever I saw it. I'm at a loose end tomorrow so may prowl the streets with my Box Brownie and see if I can track it down.

Can't say I have John, but I can't think of a better car for Gumball type events, cheap and reliable, not to mention superbly comfortable.

Looking forward to the black and white pics:smile:.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sunnybrae said:

I have an agreement with my eldest daughter that I will give her £5 every time she sees another 400, so far she hasn't cost me a penny. I drive up and down the country afew times every year and I have only seen a couple myself!

Food for thought Mike. Is it the scarcity of the model or the paucity of the reward ?

Regards

John

On 05/03/2017 at 5:07 AM, The-Acre said:

Driving along and the car behind me was a silver LS430, I've never seen another in Worthing, and rarely in West Sussex. So it means that won't happen again for another 10 years, unless of course they suddenly become like London buses!!

I bought my '94 LS from a gentleman in Lancing, some 8 years ago, and he did indeed have a silver '430.  He ran a domestic appliance emporium in Worthing.

So I'm not saying it was, but it could have been!

1 hour ago, cleverdick said:

I bought my '94 LS from a gentleman in Lancing, some 8 years ago, and he did indeed have a silver '430.  He ran a domestic appliance emporium in Worthing.

So I'm not saying it was, but it could have been!

That's jogged my memory, I did see a silver one in the car park of a block of flats on the sea front some time ago.  You know the way it happens, I bet I see him everywhere now!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links