Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus LX470?

I was enjoying some hangover-cancelling web browsing of the jap auctions today and realised there is a Lexus version of the Toyota amazon (one of my dream machines)..

They must have stole it when they grabbed the Harrier blueprints too:

upload_2017-3-5_16-41-52.png
upload_2017-3-5_16-41-31.png
upload_2017-3-5_16-42-7.png

Is anyone running one in the UK?  Just wondering if it's only trim and badges that are different or if they are a higher spec compared to the amazon.  Definitely floats my boat.

I then found more proof that Japan can take anything to dizzying heights..

upload_2017-3-5_16-43-7.png

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

The LX is an amazing car, my friend in US had a 570, it s probably my favourite car. Lexus UK said they won t sell it here because it s too big, but there are a lot of big suvs in UK so i don t get it. They said though that if you import one it can be serviced at them without issues. 

I was wondering why there isn’t a special section for the LX on the forum. 

Does anyone knows any websites with cars from Japan? And what are the costs of importing one. 

This LX470 you found is very nice as well, for how much sells and would you able to buy it directly and have it shipped to UK or you need someone in Japan to intermediate the deal? 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2017 at 10:09 AM, Spacewagon52 said:

OMG! You could have a bath in those wheels!

They must be aftermarket, regardless of the drug dealer looks, the tyres are like rubber bands and there is zero room for any suspension travel without hitting the wheel arches.

Must be about the most uncomfortable ride possible and probably couldn't go over a pothole without breaking something let alone traverse the amazon.

8 hours ago, John Walker said:

Also in regards to the tremendous fuel consumption, you can always have it converted to LPG, a very environmentally friendly fuel alternative. 

Can't believe it's nearly six years since I posted on this thread.

Anyway, yeah, I had an LS on LPG and it was great, but it was getting difficult to find gas pumps in my area, when I sold the car a couple of years ago.,,,,, even worse now.

Never understood why gas conversions have never really taken off in the UK, they are selling loads of LPG Dacias in Spain, and plenty of garages to fill up at.

33 minutes ago, mikeyv said:

Can't believe it's nearly six years since I posted on this thread.

Anyway, yeah, I had an LS on LPG and it was great, but it was getting difficult to find gas pumps in my area, when I sold the car a couple of years ago.,,,,, even worse now.

Never understood why gas conversions have never really taken off in the UK, they are selling loads of LPG Dacias in Spain, and plenty of garages to fill up at.

LPG is really popular in a lot of European countries so yeah such a shame it s not a big trend in UK. 

So still thinking to get an LX? Didn’t realise the post was so old 😅

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John Walker said:

LPG is really popular in a lot of European countries so yeah such a shame it s not a big trend in UK. 

So still thinking to get an LX? Didn’t realise the post was so old 😅

No, we do two three month stints in Spain these days, so we drive down in our motor home, complete with all facilities, and use an old Polo at home for short trips.

Will always remember our LS though......wonderful cars.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mikeyv said:

No, we do two three month stints in Spain these days, so we drive down in our motor home, complete with all facilities, and use an old Polo at home for short trips.

Will always remember our LS though......wonderful cars.

You are really to be on holiday for so long. We want to do the same thing. Atm the motorhome prices are still very high, which model did you go for? And how do you find getting around in a motorhome for 2-3 months? I was thinking to have a small car towed with the motorhome 

• Like 1

Just now, John Walker said:

You are really lucky to be on holiday for so long. We want to do the same thing. Atm the motorhome prices are still very high, which model did you go for? And how do you find getting around in a motorhome for 2-3 months? I was thinking to have a small car towed with the motorhome 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Walker said:

You're right about the current prices John, fortunately I bought my current Autocruise Accent new, in 2014, for less than half the current list price, also delivery times are currently pretty bad, I believe.

I've had coachbuilt vans previously, as well as caravans, and I used to tow my caravan with my current van for a while, which I found ideal in the UK.

I think the trick is to pick your outfit according to your main use, hence I only have the Accent now, as we have a permanently pitched caravan with extension in Spain, and don't really do much camping at home anymore.

You probably know, but be careful how you tow your car, especially if you plan on going to Spain, where you'll need a proper trailer, or risk the wrath of Spanish plod.

By the way, the LS was brilliant for towing, power to spare, if a tad thirsty!

Edited by mikeyv
missed a bit
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

I've seen an LX 570 in the UK, it is big. It's pretty much permanently parked in the drive of a big house, which you can see when you look down when crossing (on foot or bicycle) Twickenham bridge.

I actually know that one as I live pretty close. He‘s servicing it at Lexus Twickenham 😃

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@John Walker Seems you are in luck …….call me Father Christmas…….but there is a 570 for sale at SSC Cars 21 plate right hand drive low mikes and only £90K……

53E4C104-C431-40BB-9B0E-058F76BF2D2E.thumb.png.6d1b600fb9cf1a55c14ffa8bc333999a.png

🐀

Yeah…this one is for sale for a long time although it s the only one on the market atm. Gorgeous car i just simply don’t get it how it can cost that much…the very latest model Lx600 sells NEW in US and Japan with prices from $89k (about £73k) 

• Like 1