Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I replaced the drivers side wiper blade rubber with a replacement rubber from local Toyota dealer for £10.40 I believe was the price. Fitted it myself, bit fiddly but succeeded and was most surprised at the engineering just to hold the rubber in place.  

• 1 month later...

Just collected my 'new' RX450H and very pleased with it. Although it's an older car it drives well. However the wipers were changed by the previous owner to aftermarket flat blades which do nothing to shift the water. The drivers side one drags in the centre, but the lower end flaps around, making noise but doing nothing. The passenger side is ok. 

I'll swap them today for Bosch Aeros as I can get these from the local Halfords. However, what is the thought about these versus the original style Lexus wipers? I had an IS250 before with the Lexus hybrid wipers and at best I'd say they were ok. Never really good in heavy rain. 

Any advice how to stop it dragging, but make the lower part connect?

IMG_4121.PNG

6 hours ago, TimS320 said:

Just collected my 'new' RX450H and very pleased with it. Although it's an older car it drives well. However the wipers were changed by the previous owner to aftermarket flat blades which do nothing to shift the water. The drivers side one drags in the centre, but the lower end flaps around, making noise but doing nothing. The passenger side is ok. 

I'll swap them today for Bosch Aeros as I can get these from the local Halfords. However, what is the thought about these versus the original style Lexus wipers? I had an IS250 before with the Lexus hybrid wipers and at best I'd say they were ok. Never really good in heavy rain. 

Any advice how to stop it dragging, but make the lower part connect?

IMG_4121.PNG

You can get the original Denso Blades  which are really good. Works out cheaper than actually buying the refills from Lexus

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/p/-/-/-/-/?485778226&0&cc5_167          22" passenger side blade

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/p/-/-/-/-/?485778266&0&cc5_167          26" drivers side blade

Use code WEEKEND12 to get them for a £24.38!!

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:06 AM, PCM said:

I've gone back to the Lexus blades.

The Bosch were good, but... noisier.

Yes, I agree. I swapped to the Bosch and regretted it ever since, although they work fine on my the car. Will be going back to the Denso ones.

• Like 1

Thanks. I have the Bosch ones fitted which ais e a big improvement over the cheap one that were on before. I'll see how they do, and may go back to the hybrid, but would have to buy the whole wiper and holder as my car has been changed over.

On another note I do feel the drivers wiper doesn't come far enough up to the right on its sweep and I wonder if it sits too low down. Can anyone compare my pics of where the wipers sit with theirs?

9 hours ago, TimS320 said:

Thanks. I have the Bosch ones fitted which ais e a big improvement over the cheap one that were on before. I'll see how they do, and may go back to the hybrid, but would have to buy the whole wiper and holder as my car has been changed over.

On another note I do feel the drivers wiper doesn't come far enough up to the right on its sweep and I wonder if it sits too low down. Can anyone compare my pics of where the wipers sit with theirs?

The hybrid holders are cheaper to buy from ECP than the wiper refills from Lexus so shouldn't be a problem.

The drivers side wiper arm looks too low. Open the bonnet, pop the cap and adjust it