Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all. Well, I finally did it. I bought a gold mk4 off eBay yesterday and will be collecting it on Friday.  I'm very excited! It's not perfect but I'm planning on keeping it for a good while so I'll sort out any issues and get it serviced once I have it. 

Thanks to everyone who has helped me so far with questions and advice :-) I'm sure I'll have more along the way. 

Matt

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Well done, very unlikely you'll be disappointed, it will spoil you for anything else mind!

Yes I agree completely. Even just test driving a few made it hard to drive anything else and be happy! I think these really are amazing value for money. I'd rather pay to run and maintain the LS than pay £££ in depreciation on a new car. I'll post some pics up once I have her. The only thing I know is wrong is the aerial doesn't work and so no radio at present. Cd works though. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Matt1986 said:

Yes that's the one. :-)

Well done then, bit of a bargain if the car is as described, and it looked a genuine advert to me.

Enjoy.

2 hours ago, Matt1986 said:

Yes I agree completely. Even just test driving a few made it hard to drive anything else and be happy! I think these really are amazing value for money. I'd rather pay to run and maintain the LS than pay £££ in depreciation on a new car. I'll post some pics up once I have her. The only thing I know is wrong is the aerial doesn't work and so no radio at present. Cd works though. 

Very common for the electric aerial not to work.

Forgot to add

if you want new mats I have a 10% discount card from my order with car mats 4u

ive also got a shed load of sealants and waxes (hidden from the wife) if you want to try any before you buy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lockeyboy said:

Forgot to add

if you want new mats I have a 10% discount card from my order with car mats 4u

ive also got a shed load of sealants and waxes (hidden from the wife) if you want to try any before you buy

I might well take you up on that. :-) 

Congratulations! They are addictive things. I looked at a lot and eventually settled for one with pretty low mileage and good service history, although I will need to get a passenger door painted at some point as it has had a ding and was not all that well repaired. Pretty hard to find a perfect one for a sane price these days.

• Like 2

So I went to leeds yesterday and collected the car, drove it home to Stoke without incident. It's absolutely fantastic!  Full service hiatory and 12 months mot. Needed a good clean but now looks great! No body or paint damage to speak of bar a couple of minor scratches and touched up stone chips on the front. 

The leather could do with some work as it has wear in places. Nothing major though. Any recommendations for leather repair/repainting? 

The wheels need a refurb but I'll have a go at that myself in the summer. 

Also is there any way to update the sat navigation system? I know you can't get new cd's but can you retrofit a later system (430 dvd?) or Tom Tom unit to the in built screen as it's brain is in the boot isn't it? 

Overall I'm smitten with my new car. Even my wife managed to say it's very nice and comfortable, which is high praise indeed! 

I'll try and get some pics up in the next day or two. Thanks to everyone who has helped me.with questions up to this point. I'm. Sure I'll have more :-)

Matt

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Matt1986 said:

So I went to leeds yesterday and collected the car, drove it home to Stoke without incident. It's absolutely fantastic!  Full service hiatory and 12 months mot. Needed a good clean but now looks great! No body or paint damage to speak of bar a couple of minor scratches and touched up stone chips on the front. 

The leather could do with some work as it has wear in places. Nothing major though. Any recommendations for leather repair/repainting? 

The wheels need a refurb but I'll have a go at that myself in the summer. 

Also is there any way to update the sat navigation system? I know you can't get new cd's but can you retrofit a later system (430 dvd?) or Tom Tom unit to the in built screen as it's brain is in the boot isn't it? 

Overall I'm smitten with my new car. Even my wife managed to say it's very nice and comfortable, which is high praise indeed! 

I'll try and get some pics up in the next day or two. Thanks to everyone who has helped me.with questions up to this point. I'm. Sure I'll have more :-)

Matt

Matt I'd start off with the leather by giving it a good condition and clean with Leatherique conditioner and Prestine clean made by the same company and you really need the both together. You'll be amazed how much dirt these products will lift and how much softer your leather is after a few coatings, you need to set aside a fair bit of time to let the conditioner do it's work but once you've finished you'll have a much better idea of the real condition of the leather. It can't fix cracks etc but it will bring back some softness and it will clean deep down. I'm currently doing my front seats (I coated the rears as they are in very good condition) and am waiting for some more to be delivered but the difference already is quite impressive.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lockeyboy said:

The baby on board is debatable...

just passed me on roe lane, its looking very clean and tidy.

Nothing wrong with babies.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

Nothing wrong with babies.

Indeed, all three of mine are truly indoctrinated in the way of the Lexus.  The middle one actually commented on seeing Matts to her older sister when we picked her up from school!:yes:

• Like 1

nice looking Mk4, well done, she'll last you for so long as you want her to I'm sure

Can't imagine what the MOT Tester was going on about with the corrosion and the outer sills being covered in plastic etc ....  they don't arf av a larf sometimes don't they !

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links