Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So I've joined the ISF club, sold my SC, so been on the forums for a few years. Anything I need to look out for, this is a 2008 with full Lexus service history, seems to have eaten  brakes.discs/tyres, but that's about it?  I was warned about water pump issues, but my local Lexus dealer, that I've used for 6 year +, says they have never fitted one to a F.

IMG_3689.jpg

IMG_3718.JPG

• Like 9

Hi Paul

She looks great fella, I'm sure you will not be disappointed where did you get her from ?

Brake discs and pads if you stick with OEM and Lexus fit will cost you about the £850 mark give or take.

Obviously much cheaper if you buy elsewhere and spanner the job yourself, the pads are fairly dirty but it is a good setup in my opinion and for one not bothered by cleaning.

As regards water pump some do some don't once replaced it's a better design apparently but they don't fail just simply weep, had mine done at 30k it's 58 Plate car I've had it 14 months and car has been faultless.

You are obviously familiar with the marque so be prepared for a reliable ownership, there are various meets in the pipeline if you are interested matey, this is a good forum but can be a bit quirky at times but I have no idea who that label could be aimed at 😂

Big Rat

• Like 2

Welcome buddy.  

Brakes (Discs & Pads) are pretty cheap from Euro- Carparts (especially when there is a sale on).  They are genuine brembo as well (Pagids available also).

Tyres are reasonable as well for the size.

My water pump was replaced by previous owner so hopefully not got that again in future.

Cheers & Enjoy.

Congrats on the purchase Paul. Consumables for the car are pretty fair in my opinion. Buy the pads/discs when on offer at euro car parts etc, crazy to pay the dealership prices. Tyres are pretty reasonable.....£130 a corner for something like Hankook, upto £200 + for Michelin. Hope to see you at some of the upcoming meets. The forum can go off piste occasionally (I'm guilty) but a good bunch..

Another member, great, well done on the purchase, water pumps are not a massive issue, reliability is amazing, certain colours are better than others, don't listen to what some of the other members on here have to say about silver cars..................

Oh, and blue ones are the fastest........................

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Another member, great, well done on the purchase, water pumps are not a massive issue, reliability is amazing, certain colours are better than others, don't listen to what some of the other members on here have to say about silver cars..................

Oh, and blue ones are the fastest........................

😭🐀

Glad to see all these ISF's are being snapped up and a fair few new owners are finding there way onto here. 

Lovely colour too. All of the colours seem to suit the ISF perfectly. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tom24 said:

Glad to see all these ISF's are being snapped up and a fair few new owners are finding there way onto here. 

Lovely colour too. All of the colours seem to suit the ISF perfectly. 

Except this one 😂IMG_2514.JPG

Big Rat

thats a good looking car (the red one, not the silver wrapped monstrosity)

Is that the automotive equivalent of sicking fake stone work on the front of a brick terraced house?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JonP said:

thats a good looking car (the red one, not the silver wrapped monstrosity)

Is that the automotive equivalent of sicking fake stone work on the front of a brick terraced house?

Yeah I agree I keep wrap I use wrap but only for my spam sandwiches 😂

🐀