Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

BC BR Coils

So decided to swap out the standard 08 Suspension for a set of BC BR coilovers. Top adjustable with 32 damping settings.

Lurking on the US forums and speaking to Figgs I went for 14/10 spring rates as I did not intend to drop the car and wanted to remain on standard rims.

First impressions body roll had dramatically reduced in the bends and better under braking as a result of the stiffer springs.

Comfort wise I need to play around with the settings a bit more but at present Im running 18 Clicks from full stiff front & 22 clicks rear.  Little and mid sized bumps are absorbed better than the standard 08 suspension however larger bumps are still felt. Adustment is easy, remove side panels in engine bay and the adusters are located on top of the shocks.  In the rear you need to take a few clips out and bend back the boot lining to reveal the top of the shocks.

As the weather warms up will try setting the dampers on the stiffer side of their range.

Happy for the price point, you can get these from BC Racing UK for £700 and can configure your spring rates on order. 

Im also keen to try the Bilstein B6 shocks on Standard or Tein H Tech springs which is another option some guys in the US are using, provides a more comfortable ride.  Anyone running this combination ?

If your feeling flush the KW V3s are supposed to be really good with the ability for both rebound and compression adjustment, but seen as though I wont be tracking the car it seemed overkill.

• Like 3

Pic's or it didn't happen :whistling:

Well done, did you install them yourself?

How do the coil overs feel at different speeds?  

I fitted MeisterR's to my last car and it felt great when pressing on or going slow but at moderate speeds it felt choppy, I couldn't find a good damping compromise.  They've since released a newer version that should address this.

Are they 14/10kg rated spring? 

Hi Lee,

Sorry didnt get any pics...Wheels in Motion fitted them for me, straight forward took then all of 2hrs.  Plenty of Youtube vids if you fancy a DIY, its not that difficult.

Ive not had much chance to play around with them, intially i tried 20 clicks from full hard out front and 25 rear and found it too soft, car would oscilate too much when you hit stretches of the motorway where you have a series of undulations.  The standard 08 suspension did this as well I found, you would find your head bobing around with the bumps. 

Clicking them up to where I am now 18 clicks front and 22 clicks back has improved it as it reduces the rebound speed.  Going to play around some more, there is plenty adjustment range so its a matter of experimenting to get it where you want however as these are budget coilovers the level of refinement is not going to compare with the likes of KW etc which allow you to idependently set the compression & rebound, with those people report a quality ride.

Yes I went with 14kg/10kg spring rates as recommended on the US forums.  You can request softer springs 10/8 or 12/10.

Going to see how they perform over this year, can always change them out for something else at a later date.

If your not intending on lowering then maybe try the Bilstein B6's ?  Would be great to see if anyone is running them on their Lexus as they were on my list as well but I got the BC's at a no brainer price.

• Like 1

My car had BCs fitted when I bought it and I think they're great. My springs seem too soft and it does bottom out occasionally, it is running quite low though. I'm currently run full hard on the back and will be turning the fronts up too this weekend. It's a crude solution but it provides much better control with still decent ride quality. 

Hitting the track next weekend so will try a few combos to see how they affect the handling. 

I'd like to try some Swift springs with them but trying not to spend any more money at the moment 😁

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rusty Crobar said:

My car had BCs fitted when I bought it and I think they're great. My springs seem too soft and it does bottom out occasionally, it is running quite low though. I'm currently run full hard on the back and will be turning the fronts up too this weekend. It's a crude solution but it provides much better control with still decent ride quality. 

Hitting the track next weekend so will try a few combos to see how they affect the handling. 

I'd like to try some Swift springs with them but trying not to spend any more money at the moment 😁

Yes you will need plenty of wonga to fuel the beast at the track, oh and some tyres and discs and pads............😂

Only jealous 😒 

🐀

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links