Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New owener

Ken.K

Hello all, picking up my IS250 on monday and was browsing around for MOD idea and found this forum. so decided to join up and see whats happening, I hope i will learn and also be able to pass my knowledge on with time

thanks, servicing done, it runs smooth needs to get used to the power, MOT still yet to be done and it is all mine, also i have the AFS light issue and been using the search so i think i can get that sorted out quickly

picking car up this weekend, i had to wait for it to get the windscreen fixed that has been done now. now it just needs MOT and a good wash and wax.the LCD touchscreen Digitizer for the nav and radio is not working ordered parts from eBay and should arrive next week.
Plans I have:
Change the grille to a honeycomb grille
Get Eibach springs and Lower it do not want it too low as i live in london
Get spacers i have read 15mm front and 20mm back
I also contemplating a spoiler lip and maybe the new style headlights with the DRL
IMAG0201.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

Edited by Ken.K
  • Like 1

Poor thing definitely could use a clean :smile:

Is that Windsor Blue?  It is the best colour you know. :smile:

New windscreen?  Also, are you replacing the whole sat nav unit?

It is going to be interesting to see how it looks after you do the mods.

Hi Ken, looks like you've got yourself a good little project there. I dare say it'll look much better after some TLC.

I'm interested to see what mod's you get up to.

At least she's looking a bit cleaner now ken and alexa is a really cool name 😀

Welcome to the forum. 

Thank you some minor cosmetic mods and enhancement to do. Before I start anything major. Like I have to clean the light lens to get them clearer and then also get the honeycomb grill. Not a fan of this style

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

just ordered my IS F grill style, ordered, booked her in for some headlights refurb and full interior details at mates rate. the passenger headlight look a bit hazy and can be clearer i think. I know i can do this myself but for the time she has been neglected i think she deserves some professional pampering then i will just maintain. 

Also, my touchscreen stopped working and i ordered this replacement part off ebay 7" lcd digitizer cheaper than replacing the whole unit. when done will give a feedback with video

Easy when you know how :smile:

Looking forward to seeing what you are doing to your car.

Don't think I have seen someone replace just the digitizer before, so it is going to be interesting to see how you get on.

Easy when you know how smile.gif

Looking forward to seeing what you are doing to your car.

Don't think I have seen someone replace just the digitizer before, so it is going to be interesting to see how you get on.

I have a mate coming to do it, he has done a few so will record the process hopefully

Hello Ken and welcome to the LOC, good to hear we have already helped you reset your windows.

If you could get some photos of the screen replacement I would be happy to do a tutorial using them to help other members.

• Like 1

It will be something along these lines but will definitely get a photo of the process, looking I may have to push it to next week cos of work and his availability

Sweet improvement after cleaning. Sounds like lots of mods are on the way. Enjoy

Not too many, I plan I keeping it as stock as possible with slight improvements. eBay is becoming a dangerous place for my wallets.

30bc22dc53385c73390a628710115eb0.jpg

Digitizer arrives today getting to fixed tomorrow morning. This should be interesting. Cos I would also be working as well.

Could not get step by step pictures of what happened as I had to be working while he worked but what he did was just lay the new digitized on top of the old one in th casing and connected the new one ribbons.

Reason for this is that you cannot remove the old digiztizer as it is stuck on. Everything works perfectly and the LCD is in place snug no movement. Hope that helps?

Figured out how to use the auto wipers today and after a quick test it works perfectly. Also ordered the f sport mesh thus quick so will fix it sometimes Next Week.