Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 Which Spark Plugs?

Nothing in the recommended parts post.

I just took one of mine out whilst cleaning the engine bay (for the first time).
The plug isn't the nice sandy colour I was expecting but is sooty. Not completely sooted up but black and sooty nonetheless.

The car is on 91K will full Lexus service History.

I have a printout of the history which shows a 60K service but priced at £445. The price now for a 60K service including plug change is over £600 so I am wondering if the plugs were changed at all.

A plug change is on my list of things to do when it gets warmer and I have some time, but there seems to be dozens of plugs which all state they are compatible.
Euro Car Parts recommend DENSO FK20HBR11  but at £23.49 each works out at £140.94 for a set of 6. I've read posts suggesting about £80 for a set but doesn't state what type.

Does anyone know of anything different?

The model and price are correct..... The post you are referring to was about getting them from Toyota Birmingham  - same part just cheaper. I don't know maybe at Toyota Birmingham they had sale, but £80 is bargain, £140 is standard price.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chr15gb said:

Nothing in the recommended parts post.

I just took one of mine out whilst cleaning the engine bay (for the first time).
The plug isn't the nice sandy colour I was expecting but is sooty. Not completely sooted up but black and sooty nonetheless.

The car is on 91K will full Lexus service History.

I have a printout of the history which shows a 60K service but priced at £445. The price now for a 60K service including plug change is over £600 so I am wondering if the plugs were changed at all.

A plug change is on my list of things to do when it gets warmer and I have some time, but there seems to be dozens of plugs which all state they are compatible.
Euro Car Parts recommend DENSO FK20HBR11  but at £23.49 each works out at £140.94 for a set of 6. I've read posts suggesting about £80 for a set but doesn't state what type.

Does anyone know of anything different?

I believe they were the ones lexus fitted to mine. Just trying to find paper work, mine were done on fuel sensor recall. I payed circa £160.00 if i remember right.

Just had a quick look on the bay these dont seem to bad for the money.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6x-Lexus-IS250-2-5i-v6-y2005-2016-Brisk-YS-Autogas-Gasoline-Petrol-Spark-Plugs-/371438208883?fits=Car+Make%3ALexus|Model%3AIS|Cars+Type%3A250&hash=item567b714773:m:mqEBqcYSXmnEfHUwBk8V3Gw

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Lexus-Spark-Plugs-Triple-Electrode-FK20HBR11-90919-01249-/182432698067?fits=Car+Make%3ALexus|Model%3AIS|Cars+Type%3A250&hash=item2a79d60ed3:m:moYHPlETnlViJXvaPILI7IA

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I'll try to stick with Denso (never heard of BRISK).

Opie Oils do them at £110.40 delivered
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-78036-denso-super-ignition-spark-plug-fk20hbr11-3473.aspx

Or I could take a punt buying from China (Ali Express) for a grand total of £27.55 for a set of 6 delivered
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/6PCS-LOT-NEW-GENUINE-Spark-Plugs-FK20HBR11-9091901249-Denso-use-to-Lexus-IS250-IS350-GS300-GS350/32527991021.html?spm=2114.40010208.4.2.SBNzKB

I suggest avoid punt of buying them from China.... apparently even spark plugs can be fake..

£110-£140 is good range. Full price as @madasahatter said is around £160.... £80 is a total steal if you can found them for that much.

• Like 1

I'm right with you on that but the price is astonishing compared to anywhere else.

I've ordered from Opie Oils but I am tempted to also buy the Ali Express ones as a test, I might fit one to the easy plug slot and see how it fares over time. At least if it plays up, it is an easy to change option.

I won't be fitting them for some time yet so I will take a while to ponder...Sounds like I may also need a wobbly socket for one of the manifold bolts near the bulkhead.

EDIT: Bah!! I didn't notice madasahatter second link to the genuine eBay ones. :wallbash:

18 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I suggest avoid punt of buying them from China.... apparently even spark plugs can be fake..

£110-£140 is good range. Full price as @madasahatter said is around £160.... £80 is a total steal if you can found them for that much.

Also do not for get to replace the gaskets, I bought mine when i bought the vehicle as a to do job. Constists of 2 card and 3 double rubber .

I got mine from Usa circa £21.00 all inclusive of taxes.

These are the said item.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Felpro-5-piece-set-Intake-Manifold-Gaskets-New-For-Lexus-IS250-2006-2008-MS97084-/131406068548?hash=item1e98697b44:g:kjYAAOSwB09YSCmT

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chr15gb said:

I'm right with you on that but the price is astonishing compared to anywhere else.

I've ordered from Opie Oils but I am tempted to also buy the Ali Express ones as a test, I might fit one to the easy plug slot and see how it fares over time. At least if it plays up, it is an easy to change option.

I won't be fitting them for some time yet so I will take a while to ponder...Sounds like I may also need a wobbly socket for one of the manifold bolts near the bulkhead.

Yes its a 10mm its the only akward bolt.

Hi all,

I thought people already knew where to get their lexus parts from, let me enlighten you:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Lexus-Spark-Plugs-Triple-Electrode-FK20HBR11-90919-01249-/182432698067?hash=item2a79d60ed3

Genuine Lexus parts by that seller/dealer, these are the spark plugs i bought for £80 and currently install on my 2010 IS250 F Sport.

You're welcome :)

• Like 4

Even from official Lexus Store, FK20HBR11 plugs are only £16-odd each. The ECP price is a total rip-off, probably artificially-inflated so it looks like you're getting a decent deal when you use one of their weekend voucher codes. (£23.49 -30% is £16-odd...) :dry:

I personally wouldn't trust the plugs from China...

http://www.globaldenso.com/en/products/aftermarket/plug/catalog/asia/pdf/P043.pdf

For the sake of £40 or whatever, its not worth the risk. Especially when you have to tear some of the engine apart to change them.

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no - don't put Chinese plugs in this

Considering the plugs last 100k+ then at £80 they are a good cost effective choice compared to other cars that would have had 2 sets in them by this point.

If no luck in finding the OEM cheap then keep an eye out for sales promotions through Eurocarparts as they come along quite frequently and sometimes you can get a good deal compared to other sites... but I agree with everyone else that state Lexus Birmingham are the best place to source parts

• Like 1

Got to add to the feeling on Chinese sourced plugs, noooo! Don't even think of putting them in your pride and joy, imagine how you would feel if after a time one of them decided to let go of an earth electrode and it then rattled around in the cylinder trashing the piston crown, chipping the valve rims not to mention the state the bores would be left in. How cheap would these (prob fake labelled  Denso) plugs work out then.

paul m.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cracksta said:

Hi all,

I thought people already knew where to get their lexus parts from, let me enlighten you:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Lexus-Spark-Plugs-Triple-Electrode-FK20HBR11-90919-01249-/182432698067?hash=item2a79d60ed3

Genuine Lexus parts by that seller/dealer, these are the spark plugs i bought for £80 and currently install on my 2010 IS250 F Sport.

You're welcome :)

Here you have it - steal.... 

Hi , I agree with the post from Texas ; as a member of the Mazda owners club we have had cases of NGK iridium plugs sourced from China doing exactly as he described when electrode parts have detached . NGK engineers claimed they were fake and with the high standard of fake packaging very hard to spot unless you were an expert ,so steer clear of cheap Chinese plugs

Dave

• Like 1