Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New tyres needed

2 minutes ago, Mark6pot said:

Just got my bridgestone potenzas fitted.

285/30,19 on back and no rubbing.

They look bloody good from the back.

Glad they fitted :)  

Hope you don't mind me asking, but why have you gone for a different size?

31 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I've just spotted the forum tyre poll - 

• Avon

• Bridgestone

• Continental

• Dunlop

• Falken

• Goodyear

• Hankook

• Kumho

• Michelin

• Pirelli

• Toyo

• Vredestein

• Yokohama

Good spot, is this recent or an old one?

2 hours ago, Flytvr said:

I don't know how this has happened.... maybe the Mrs has been driving the F, but I need new rears.

Is everyone running Bridgestones? If so, are these the puppies?

Correct spec, size etc, but those particular tyres are homologated for an Audi. There's a specific version of the RE050A for the IS-F if you want to stick with Bridgestones.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

Correct spec, size etc, but those particular tyres are homologated for an Audi. There's a specific version of the RE050A for the IS-F if you want to stick with Bridgestones.

Thank you very much :)

John (@J Henderson), out of interest, how'd you know they are homologated for Audi?

I don't have an IS-F, but I've got the wheels and I went for a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Overkill for my car, but they apparently last for ages as well as being top-notch. :biggrin:

36 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Thank you very much :)

John (@J Henderson), out of interest, how'd you know they are homologated for Audi?

It says so in the listing you linked. Check out the "attributes" icons near the bottom.

Regarding the whole homologation thing, there's quite an interesting read here about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

It says so in the listing you linked. Check out the "attributes" icons near the bottom.

Regarding the whole homologation thing, there's quite an interesting read here about it.

I'd make a crap detective :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

And an interesting read. Thank you! :yes:

2 hours ago, Mark6pot said:

Can see the difference better with the naked eye.

Yes I need to finish the driveway

20170310_164907.jpg

20170310_164918.jpg

20170310_164938.jpg

Driveways is part of what I do...... now you supply and fit 2 sets of those to my 8 wheels and I'll finish the drive 😂

Big Rat

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Rat said:

Driveways is part of what I do...... now you supply and fit 2 sets of those to my 8 wheels and I'll finish the drive 😂

Big Rat

Rat will probably put up a fence as well.

Is it fair to say that as long as you're choosing a good brand tyre (Michelin, Conti, Good Year, Dunlop etc), the differences, unless driving hard on a track would be negligible?

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links